• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage arrived with bent bars

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Looks great! I think this one Will arrive fine:) Do you have any idea when Neptune will be hatched/coming home yet?

NeptuneGCC

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Hannah
I sure hope it will! The breeder originally hoped to have some late summer, but now it's late fall due to a recent move over the summer. If not then she will definitely have babies in spring 2019!
Hoping it isn't that long, I've been on the waitlist since April, which isn't too long but I can't wait to get him and see his personality. He's going to be shipped here so it will be my first time meeting him too but her babies are very socialized. Getting him from rainbow parrots aviary, she even has a youtube channel. Rita Garris - YouTube

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
That certainly looks like a great breeder! It is so exciting to bring a fid home, the wait is just torture!

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Oh my gosh, how awful the experience with not one, but TWO cages being rusty! I'm so sorry this happened to you. It's such a bad feeling when you get crummy product, or defective stuff when you spend good money for it. So far, all my cages have come from Prevue through the Walmart website, and when I had an issue with one of the door locks that had disassembled in shipping, I called Prevue in Chicago, and they walked me through how to get it on, or off of there, (in my case I just removed it), they were so nice and helpful too.

It's all going to be fun though, when your new Neptune arrives! I can't wait too.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
That is surface rust and it can be cleaned if you wanted to clean it. If a baby bird comes up while you wait, you certainly can have him or her in a smaller cage. Especially a baby as they can be clumsy. Plus this would give you an outside cage to enjoy some sun.

NeptuneGCC

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Hannah
The kings cage came beautifully, no holes in the box, no dents in it, double boxed and everything wrapped with tape and tons of plastic individually.

No rust!!
There were a couple spots on top where the powder coating was chipped off and it exposed the metal underneath but I just wrapped it very well with vet tape! I’m getting a pvc playstand from A Parrot Should Play before Neptune comes, and mysafebirdstore had a buy one get one free on vet wrap the other day so I got 8! Stocked up for now.

I’ll post pictures of the setup once I get everything in there, I still need to finish the top play area. It’s so much taller than me I need a step ladder to reach up there lol. I wasn’t sure about this color at first but it turns out I halfway like it in my room more than white!

Thank you so much everyone for the help while all of this was going on!
I still have the two (four boxes total) a&e cage boxes, the lady told me she’d call back yesterday and never did but was surprised they weren’t picked up yet. :shifty: