• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage arrived with bent bars

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
Look at Kings Cages or HQ, I have cages from both and they are well over 10 years, almost 15 years old and stll both look good and are not rusting apart.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I have 4 King's cages and really like them. The one A&E cage I got a great deal on is poor quality powder coating compared to my King's. I'll probably have to replace it.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I like the Avian Adventures Loro Flight cage. That's what I have for my Dusky Conure and it's very spacious. Some people think the door is too small but I have no issues with that. No play top, though, but you can add some vertical t-perches and other things to create a play top or purchase a table top play area and put that on top. It comes with a peaked roof but don't need to use that.
Looks like it is also sold through Petco.

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
You could call your local news channel and see if they could help, that would get their attention!!

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I like the Avian Adventures Loro Flight cage. That's what I have for my Dusky Conure and it's very spacious. Some people think the door is too small but I have no issues with that. No play top, though, but you can add some vertical t-perches and other things to create a play top or purchase a table top play area and put that on top. It comes with a peaked roof but don't need to use that.
Looks like it is also sold through Petco.
I love that Loro cage but it's just so big for my little Linnie. I wish AA made a cage between the Loro and the Nina with the 1/2" bars.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You guys are right, it’s probably better I find a whole different one that isn’t from a&e.

I’ll try to call today, hopefully they’re still open.

What brands do you guys use or would recommend?
Gosh what terrible customer service. Good luck with your refund and new purchase!

NeptuneGCC

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Hannah

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If you are purchasing a King's Cage I would recommend purchasing from Bonka Bird Toys rather than King's. From what I have read here and other places Bonka has excellent customer support whereas King's support can be "iffy".
This is his website: Bonka Bird Toys - Parrot Toys & Bird Toy Parts but he also sells on ebay and sometimes through Amazon.

NeptuneGCC

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Hannah
Thank you, I had found that cage on Amazon for cheaper and saw it was sold by Bonka Bird Toys! I'm a little nervous to buy through amazon again so I'm going to check their site as well.

Feathered up

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
Lately amazon has been ticking me off. I’ve had several orders that have never arrived and I can’t get UPS to start an investigation as it must be started through amazon. Over $1100 in merchandise that never reached me. And while they do reship it, they have acted like I’m trying to steal something.

I never hear who lost the item or if it never really got shipped. I am THAT person that wants answers when things like that happen and I want people held accountable when they lose my stuff. Lol

NeptuneGCC

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Hannah

NeptuneGCC

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Hannah
Lately amazon has been ticking me off. I’ve had several orders that have never arrived and I can’t get UPS to start an investigation as it must be started through amazon. Over $1100 in merchandise that never reached me. And while they do reship it, they have acted like I’m trying to steal something.

I never hear who lost the item or if it never really got shipped. I am THAT person that wants answers when things like that happen and I want people held accountable when they lose my stuff. Lol
That is so awful!! When I went through amazon then had to talk to petco about the cage, they only wanted to send replacement parts so that's when I went to a&e and I've been talking to the same lady about it. Said she'd inspect it herself and she was even mad about it. Yet still it's rusty.

These companies really need to start taking responsibility.

Feathered up

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
More and more, especially for my animal supplies, I’m ordering from smaller vendors like a lot of the ones on this site. Amazon has gotten so huge and while some of the vendors are great, many orders are directly shipped from overseas and there is little quality control. I’ve bought bird toys that state they have stainless metal screws and washers and had them arrive with all galvanized parts etc. I decided to quit before I got stuck onto their chronic returner list lol.

Also, I tried to write a review of a product that I had initiated a return on and they wouldn’t let me because I returned it, it wasn’t a verified Amazon purchase??????????

Your cage situation isn’t Amazon’s fault as it was shipped from A&E but where are the days of people being held accountable? I remember when eBay would suspend vendors from doing business if there were frequent complaints. Nobody really seems to care anymore.

I hope you find a straight, rust free cage soon!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I've found 10 year old cages on craigslist with less rust!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
More and more, especially for my animal supplies, I’m ordering from smaller vendors like a lot of the ones on this site. Amazon has gotten so huge and while some of the vendors are great, many orders are directly shipped from overseas and there is little quality control. I’ve bought bird toys that state they have stainless metal screws and washers and had them arrive with all galvanized parts etc. I decided to quit before I got stuck onto their chronic returner list lol.

Also, I tried to write a review of a product that I had initiated a return on and they wouldn’t let me because I returned it, it wasn’t a verified Amazon purchase??????????

Your cage situation isn’t Amazon’s fault as it was shipped from A&E but where are the days of people being held accountable? I remember when eBay would suspend vendors from doing business if there were frequent complaints. Nobody really seems to care anymore.

I hope you find a straight, rust free cage soon!
I am with you on the Amazon just allowing anyone to sell anything. It's an more like a glorified Craigslist or clearing house! I do not like googling something to find 15 different prices on things, very little description and the prices some charge are out of control. I also only ordered one time from Amazon. I ordered some bird toys and I did not like the fact that my order came in different boxes, from different vendors. My Mother ordrers from them all the time. I will not order dog food, online either. Just too much risk in a punctured bag (my fear) I can buy local, see the date code and make sure the bag is sealed still like a bale with the air sucked out (Acana) and The honest Kitchen also box free from damage and again good date code.

Lastly, Amazon had dog supplements that were bad- not the real thing even though the package said so and their sheltie became violently ill. Never ever will I subject my animals to anything that can harm them from these money hungry, uncaring sellers.

So now I too stick to what I know with those here. We know the quality and the People behind their products. I will say I have never had any issue ordering any of my cages. The last cage Avian Adventures came from Wayfair and the pricing and the cage was perfect.

NeptuneGCC

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Hannah
Just ordered this cage and it should be here in 2 weeks! They were out of it in white and didn’t know if they’d get more in, so sandstone it is.
This is for a baby green cheek conure, would 5/8 be too big at first? If it is I’ll wrap it with vet tape.

King Cages 8003223 Play Pen Bird Cage 32X23X69 - Bonka Bird Toys

Spoke to the lady I’ve been dealing with at a&e on Monday, she sent pictures of it before it left the facility but seems like she only opened the box because all the rust was on the bottom. She’s reviewing it now and I haven’t heard back so I’ll be calling them again soon.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
5/8 is fine for a green cheek :)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sandstone has a pinkish tinge to it so be aware of that. Hope all works out with the cage. If there are issues (hoping there aren't) Bonka Birds will take care of you.

NeptuneGCC

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Hannah
Definitely wasn’t my first color choice but I love the style of that cage, it’s almost the exact same style of the a&e one too. Just decided to go for it since they seemed to be selling out of that cage and I need one badly haha
Couldn’t risk waiting for a white one that might not come and have my bird be ready!

Since this one doesn’t have a play top with a toy hook, I’m planning on getting one of those play stands too at one point.

Bonka Bird Toys are very nice! I’ll probably go back and get some toys too