1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Breeder forum

Discussion in 'Comment Court' started by Matto, 11/20/18.

1. Laurie

Laurie Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran Vendor

Laurie

I agree with you on this. I do think that barraging people with negative opinions will drive some away. There is a time and a place for it. I personally wish this was not the place for it but what can we do. PM the people asking the questions. I think.

I do feel bad for some people though. So are in countries with limited resources and the don't speak english well and they are just trying to get advice in an emergency and they may leave before any good advice is given. That can't be good for the birds.

I feel like those who do not like breeding would serve the poor babies better by just letting it slide this one time...Even though we see it all the time to the individual who comes with questions this may be the first time they are encountering a community like ours. Imagine how much good could come from someone like that learning a better way to do things be is better breeding or giving up breeding all together. If they leave before they get any good advice then what good have we really done.

My personal suggestion is help people where they are not and then after the crisis passes educate them on the better way to do things or advise them that they should consider stopping.

Kindness, tact and education are the way to go.

2. Laurie

Laurie Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran Vendor

Laurie
    I do feel like the questions are sometimes overwhelmed with opinions and breeding rather than given actual advice. I am not against talking people out of breeding but there is a time and a place.

It's like when a bird is injured and everyone says to take it to the vet. Then you find out the person is in an area where there is not vet. Do you just say "oh well" you should not have gotten a bird if you don't have a vet? No you help if you can.

If a baby bird is already in trouble you help first then try and talk them out of the next clutch.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)