• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 bird with seazures

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Thanks for the update. I hope Zazu continues to improve.

Zazu lovie

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Christina
:hug8:

It;s hard to sleep when you are fighting for your life with cancer & are knocking your head against walls when the system of medical care sucks & Drs can't even hire competent people who will answer the phone or foward medical records.
Oh no, that is no good. Sorry to hear about the medical care and incompetent workers! I hope they sort your medical records etc asap. Keep smiling :)

Zazu lovie

Real Name
Christina
So she can see again and her foot is OK? Many birds recover very well from a stroke unlike people so she'll probably be just fine with time but great news that she is home and doing well.
That is good to hear :)

She had her sight back for a couple days, then I noticed she was starting to lose it again. Last night she had a mild seizure with her flicking her head back a few times, then her left foot appeared to have stopped working properly again. By the end of today she was back to normal. I think it could possibly be the after effects of the initial trauma.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Did you update the vet regarding the latest with Zazu? It's good that she was back to normal, though. Hope that she does well the rest of the week.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Glad Zazu is getting better.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
How old is Zazu and what is her diet like?

Vetri-DMG can be good for a bird with seizures, although I don't know if they sell it in New Zealand. Aloe Detox may also be beneficial, if you can find it over there. It would be sold for humans in a health food isle or perhaps a health food store?

I know pet items in New Zealand are often limited and highly expensive.

Zazu lovie

Real Name
Christina
So she can see again and her foot is OK? Many birds recover very well from a stroke unlike people so she'll probably be just fine with time but great news that she is home and doing well.
Hi Dartman

She can't see out of her left eye anymore but her leg is better. Her claw only closes up after a small seizure. She has no medications for her ongoing seizures as the vet said they are due to permanent brain damage. The only medication she has is loads of love and a new warm and fluffy bird house lol :hug8:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Well she's got one good eye and the foot mostly works and she'll adapt just fine, especially with all the love you'll give her.