• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird bite photos (Warning ~ Graphic)

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra

Charity921

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Charity
IMG_4612.JPG
My wimpy little 'first blood' wound...I've been bitten plenty, but this is the first that broke skin. I was breaking up a squabble between my GCC and WB caique over a piece of cantaloupe, and the conure nailed me. (For some reason, he's always pissed at me when I break them up, even though he's the one being an a**.)

If this is the worst I'll have to show off, I'll be very lucky!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
View attachment 260659
My wimpy little 'first blood' wound...I've been bitten plenty, but this is the first that broke skin. I was breaking up a squabble between my GCC and WB caique over a piece of cantaloupe, and the conure nailed me. (For some reason, he's always pissed at me when I break them up, even though he's the one being an a**.)

If this is the worst I'll have to show off, I'll be very lucky!
Word to the wise (which you've already figured out) is NEVER stick your hand between 2 fighting birds. I hate to say it but I tail grab and remove. I was rearranging the Quaker girls' cage set-up so I had the girls on the floor in the bird room while I rearranged things. Sun Tikki decoded that I was giving WAAY too much attention to the girls and (literally) jumped off his domain and walked over to the girls (who were minding their own business and attacking my feet) and went after Loofa hammer and tongs. Without anything to put between them (and knowing Loofa is handicapped- splaylegged w/gout) I grabbed Tik by his tail, put him in his cage and closed the doors.

I'd hate to think what my hand would have looked like. Tikki and different gccs/Quaker JJ have got into it while on my shoulders a couple of times and I haven't hesitated to use a tail hold to break up a fight.

Charity921

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Charity
I grabbed him from behind, but he keeps biting me, even after he's been removed from the situation... He has a little temper. He spends a lot of time in 'time out.' I put him straight into his cage after these episodes, for at least a few minutes. I don't want him to stay in there too long, after he's forgotten what he's there for... Of course, now he's sitting in his cage, glaring at his 'brother.'

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Yep once they're in a kamikaze mood you better stay out of the way or be prepared for a bite or three. Even Nerd bird, who fully loved and trusted me would get scared and or hurt and bite the crap outa me. I either stayed away till he calmed down or took the bites if I had to get him away from someone or something.

LilSprout

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Phil
I got my first bite that drew blood today from Charlie, it wasn't aggressive though, he was going inside my ear because he's weirdly obsessed with my ears and he bit it too hard and now I have a tiny wound in my ear which is great I guess. I know this won't be the last bite he gives me because another will happen eventually

No pics because I can't get a picture inside my ear, I tried

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
@LilSprout
That must hurt. Joey bit my ear a couple of times it hurt for over a week....

LilSprout

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Phil
@LilSprout
That must hurt. Joey bit my ear a couple of times it hurt for over a week....
Actually I felt nothing and still feel nothing, I only knew when I touched my ear and found blood. I have a weirdly high pain tolerance so it's allowed me to ignore Charlie when he bites my ears hard when he's annoyed so that's nice

BirdGuy21

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jake
Gillian has been grumpy these past few days. Made the mistake of trying to take her from her stand to give her to Kim. Should have known better as I’m not her favorite person and when she’s grumpy she gets very particular about touch and who handles her.

9D449ADA-42EE-4664-AEBF-9AD1FE5B5B14.jpeg 1E5E859B-619D-4132-8F9A-216D830F1C84.jpeg 7A1AFDA0-84EB-49F2-9989-0FD6CA450F8C.jpeg

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Ouch!! That looks like it would have hurt!! Sorry that happened:(

BirdGuy21

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jake
Ouch!! That looks like it would have hurt!! Sorry that happened:(
It was my fault honestly, I don't blame her. Should have thought it through first before I asked her to step up. It's always funny though after she bites me- you can tell the distinct shape of an Eckie beak mark haha.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
It was my fault honestly, I don't blame her. Should have thought it through first before I asked her to step up. It's always funny though after she bites me- you can tell the distinct shape of an Eckie beak mark haha.
Only real bird people say things like that. :)

BirdGuy21

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jake
Only real bird people say things like that. :)
Comes with the territory when you have birds. Always try and explain that to potential and new bird families when they are looking to adopt or buy a parrot.

Although I am the only one in my family who thinks its funny to point out the shape of an Eckie beak on my hand :sneaky:.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Comes with the territory when you have birds. Always try and explain that to potential and new bird families when they are looking to adopt or buy a parrot.

Although I am the only one in my family who thinks its funny to point out the shape of an Eckie beak on my hand :sneaky:.

I've had several "ice cream cone" shaped wounds from Quack. And one side of her beak used to hang down a bit more for extra puncturing and she left me with a question mark scar which is kind of cool. :lol:

BirdGuy21

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jake
Man, she pulled a hitman trick on you, gave you the double tap...:backout:
She's a tough one! And when she's in a particular mood I do walk slowly out of the room, haha.

I've had several "ice cream cone" shaped wounds from Quack. And one side of her beak used to hang down a bit more for extra puncturing and she left me with a question mark scar which is kind of cool. :lol:
Haha I'm going to call them ice cream cones now, that's great. She was just trying to give you a homemade tattoo!

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
I did the same with Lurch. He had absolutely no problem biting the crap outa me just because or he was having a bad day. If I could tell he was grumpy I left him alone till his mood improved. We slowly wore each other down, I got better at reading him and faster, and he slowly decided I was a friend and heeded his warnings. I still got bit but he didn't try as hard and gave fair warning first. He actually grew to like and trust me but biting was a feature, not a bug with him.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Owww @JLcribber that looks painful too!

Must be the week for it, Ernie got me and Rio gave me her first bite today.