• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird bite photos (Warning ~ Graphic)

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I love my birds as much as life itself but there is a reality to being enslaved to a large parrot. They bite.

A "few" of the bites I took photos of. Pain means nothing to me (anymore). :D

This is actually the second bite in exactly the same spot.

This is the first time he got me there.

Second day. Had a black eye for a week. :(

The nasty scar after it healed. Tika has "branded" me.

Got this one right on the chin. :eek:

He doesn't have a favorite spot. He'll nail me where ever it's convenient.

And of course the biggest target of all!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Oh, I have a nice one. :cool:

This is a macaw bite, she did not let go. She ripped right through my hand until her beak came through

Attachments

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Not Kiwi, a different macaw that LOVED me.
She didn't like men and when my husband entered the room she bit me. He had to leave the apartment in order for me to get her under control, she would of kept biting worse if my husband came to my rescue.

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I have a few scars. One on my face from an DYH amazon who flew at my face and several on my arms. One on my arm in particular is pretty bad from a scarlet macaw. Mine don't really turn out on pics, my camera washes out my skin.

Last edited:

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Not Kiwi, a different macaw that LOVED me.
She didn't like men and when my husband entered the room she bit me. He had to leave the apartment in order for me to get her under control, she would of kept biting worse if my husband came to my rescue.
Something similar happened to me as well with a Military Macaw. He loves me but hates most people. I was walking with him and rounded a corner and he saw someone he didn't like. He bit my hand as hard as he could, causing me to drop him and he immediately ran as fast as he could to full force attack their feet, wings flapping and everything.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
That is a real nasty one Danita. I feel your pain. :)

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
:omg: Are those just explorative bites? :confused:
Doubt it! Those look like bites of a bird who is angry and really wants to do some damage. Exploratory bites/nips don't usually bleed too bad.

Stevo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
I have a scar on my upper arm where Danny slipped off and peeled my skin with his beak, like a vegetable peeler, in an effort to regain his footing... Bugga ring-barked me!

Last edited:

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I have a scar on my upper arm where Danny slipped off and peeled my skin, like a vegetable peeler, in an effort to regain his footing... Bugga ring-barked me!
There is an M2 at the rescue that really likes me but is nervous of most people (it took me a good year and a half working with him for him to trust me). He almost fell off my arm once, caught himself with his beak all the way around my arm, but didn't make a mark! He was purposefully really gentle about it. He's an awesome bird! I just love him to death.
Here is his story-
Midwest Avian Adoption & Rescue Services, Inc. (MAARS) - Bird adoption, sanctuary, rescue, and care education services for parrots and other captive exotic 'pet' birds. News and Events - BORN TO BE WILD: Second Annual MAARS Benefit Silent Auction and

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
i was very lucky when boggie attacked me face first i twisted my body threw my arms up around my head he flew back ontop of cage to dive at me again and again and again 5 times split seconds i didnt have a chance to move and when i did it was to return to bedroom it wasnt his first attempt and my place being so small i couldnt see my self trying to ride it out , decided he had to go thats how i ended up with mango .
i have seen mango in an attack mood but he gives plenty of warnings most times its when i get him up..lol
mango has broken skin which dosent take much at my age but its been the tip of his beak which is needle sharp it happens in playing with him when he gets excited
do i have a fear of him no not one oh im lying it a total stranger comes in to my apt meaning some one he hasent met out side apt he will attack them and me twice i have had to ask people to leave as i sure didnt likje what i saw in mango when they have gone i go to my comp let him quiet down for about 15 min then i go ask him does he want to come out of cage he come right away as if nothing happened .
knowing your bird and watching for signs sure helps
thoses bites are not fun hun sorry you have had some rough times

T

TinaM

I've been bitten by everything from budgies to big Macaws... but the worst bite I ever got was from a BH Caique breeder. He managed to get his beak in lightning fast and wedge it into the bone at the join of the wrist, then thrashed like a shark. Weirdest thing was it didn't hurt. Ever.