• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ball pythons (pictures - don't look if you're a wuss)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Shedara, I havent seen you in a long time. And your spiders are adorable. OMG!

Titanus. I think you'd much prefer constrictors, unless you want to go venomous?

Ball pythons only get 4-5 ft long and VERY gentle snakes out of the pythons. I'd even say a corn snake may be a good starter for you, if your truly interested. But Ball pythons are usually easy going and mellow snakes, and not often known to be spooked and lash out.

Me? I prefer the ball pythons over any other constrictor. But on the other hand, I LOVE feeding corn snakes. Not because they eat a mouse or anything, not out of the cruelty of the fact, but because how happy they are to see you when its feeding time. Corn snakes are SUCH PIGS.

Cydney

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cydney
Shadera! Gorgeous snakes! I absolutely love the piebald. :) Glad to see you around again!

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
:omg: They are all stunning!!!

gayla

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gayla

katia

Moving in
those are some lovely snakes you have! i can't wait to produce my own albinos and pieds...it's just so hard playing the waiting game. currently "growing up" a set of het. albinos (and we have a 1200gram albino female) and a set of het. pieds.

those snakes are certainly quite gorgeous!

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Snakes freak me out big time, but I don't mind looking at photos - they're cute looking pythons.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
Awwww! I've loved ball pythons ever since meeting "Monty" :)p cheeky name, don't you think?), one of the snakes in the Science dept. of my high school. Sweetest little snake I'd seen. <3 He went to take a nap in my jacket pocket once. Too cute!

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
wow, they are just soooo beautiful!! I love their eyes, soo awesome looking! I would love to have a pet snake, that would be very fun, but I have heard they are hard to care for, are they harder than birds, or once you start learning how to care for them, it is easy?

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
wow, they are just soooo beautiful!! I love their eyes, soo awesome looking! I would love to have a pet snake, that would be very fun, but I have heard they are hard to care for, are they harder than birds, or once you start learning how to care for them, it is easy?
Hmm never heard that they are probably one of the easiest animals you can own depending on the species. Very little maintance required for the "starter" snakes.

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
Titanus. I think you'd much prefer constrictors, unless you want to go venomous?
OMG, do people actually keep venomous snakes? :eek:

Ball pythons only get 4-5 ft long and VERY gentle snakes out of the pythons. I'd even say a corn snake may be a good starter for you, if your truly interested.
Corn snakes are very interesting. I would probably be interested in them or the ball pythons. Anything under 5ft would be cool. :cool10:

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
OMG, do people actually keep venomous snakes? :eek:
. :cool10:
Yep you would be surprised of how many people actually do. Yes they are beautiful but not my cup of tea.

Shadera

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Shadera
I would love to have a pet snake, that would be very fun, but I have heard they are hard to care for, are they harder than birds, or once you start learning how to care for them, it is easy?
Once you get the habitat right that they need, a lot of the snake species are pretty easy to care for, and are hardy to boot.

Speaking of venomous, I'd LOVE to have a rhino viper. But, I have slow reflexes and know better than to bring hots into this house. Too much risk for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.