• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ball pythons (pictures - don't look if you're a wuss)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadera

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Shadera
So something I got into during that long absence from most of the people here is reptiles in larger numbers than most people would consider pets. I've always had a snake around, and now I have a nice dedicated snake room.

I collected what I consider nice stock for some hobby breeding of these animals. Nothing huge, and I certainly don't expect to make any living off it. I don't work a regular job, but this keeps me busy several hours a day cleaning cages. I've got about 50 animals, mostly morphs or hets. I've also got a few boas for boa projects later down the road. I had my first clutch of ball python babies hatch out over the summer and it was amazing. Two survived, I am keeping them both of course.

Finding other BP enthusiasts who are also into birds would be neat. If you don't have any ball pythons, I'm happy to enable you. :D They're great pets.

Enough blabbing. Here are a few of them.

Attachments

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
Shadera-I'm a wuss in that I do not care much for snakes-But beautiful is beautiful -Finned/feathered or Fanged:D

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Very nice! We just have your every day run of the mill ball python ;)

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
they're gorgeous! i've been wanting a boa for awhile!

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Wow they are nice!

Angelicarboreals

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Finding other BP enthusiasts who are also into birds would be neat. If you don't have any ball pythons, I'm happy to enable you. :D They're great pets.
OOOHHHH, pick me!!!! Pick me!!!! *Jumping up and down* :dance4:

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Gorgeous animals you have there, I had no idea that you kept boas as well. I am also digging your blood python, is he (or she) nice? I kept a pair for a little while myself.

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:omg: Shadera they are absolutely amazing. WOW!!!!!

Sarin

Real Name
Nicole
Well hello there fellow BP netter! ;) Looks like you found someone to talk Balls and Birds with, LOL!

That Super Pastel you have there is gorgeous! I also love that pinstripe, you got great quality there. :)

I only have a normal and pastel right now but I plan to expand once I get a little more room to do so!

hsmoscout

If you can breed a ball python or Columbian boa that stays this size:

(you know, the size they are at the pet store when someone buys them without looking at their adult length) then I'll take one!!!

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Title caught my eye: "Dont look if you're a wuss":lol::lol::hehe::rofl::laughing12::dance4:

That made my day!

I LOVE ball pythons, and would love to have several of them later down in my life. But Chester, my 3 y.o male BP, he is all I have time and room for:heart:

I would LOVE to have a Crystal Pastel one day. Or an all white BP with blue eyes.. I dont really recall the morph namings, but maybe you do? lol.

BP's ROCK!

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
If you can breed a ball python or Columbian boa that stays this size:

(you know, the size they are at the pet store when someone buys them without looking at their adult length) then I'll take one!!!

He is really tiny, has he grown much? Poor thing looks so skinny:eek:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Ohhhh another BP I would LOVE to have is the Spider BP. Not the normal, but the one that is white with the spider look,, and blue eyes. WOW, those are amazing. I know someone (online person) who has one and WOW, AMAZING. I drool when I think about it!

Sarin

Real Name
Nicole
Title caught my eye: "Dont look if you're a wuss":lol::lol::hehe::rofl::laughing12::dance4:

That made my day!

I LOVE ball pythons, and would love to have several of them later down in my life. But Chester, my 3 y.o male BP, he is all I have time and room for:heart:

I would LOVE to have a Crystal Pastel one day. Or an all white BP with blue eyes.. I dont really recall the morph namings, but maybe you do? lol.

BP's ROCK!
Blue Eye'd Luscistic created by combining any of the following two morphs together:

Lesser
Butter
Mojave
Het Russo

I agree, BP's ROCK. :D

drop

Wow, you have a Piebald! I think the Pied mutations are my favorite. I really like the Dreamsicles, the colors are amazing. I don't even want to know how much they cost. I love the look of Ball Pythons, but I don't think I would ever have any myself. I have my litle Kenyan Sand Boa, and he is enough snake for me.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:omg: They are stunning!!!

Shadera

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Shadera
Like these little ones, Mercedez? :hehe: (look below) When you say white, are you talking about the pastel axanthic spider? I hope to work with the Crystal genes someday, along with Banana (whitesmoke), Toffee, and Mystic Potions. They're getting close to being within my reach. I'll be working on blue eyed leucistics next season, as my female is just a tad too small this season.

Angela - The bloods are pretty good. I got that little gal from Kara and she's fairly even tempered unless it's feeding time. I use veeeeery long tongs to feed her. I've only got a few select boas. I'm looking to cross Matt Crabe's redline albinos into some Lipstick line sunglow genes. Smokin! I also have a Tarahumara dwarf project I wanna get going on but am still hunting for a female. I've also got a few African import morphs for creating my own "lines" and some neato unusual stuff to try and prove out.

Sarin - Believe it or not, that's a regular ol' pastel. That's one of my two babies from this year. I can't wait to see what she looks like when she hits 1500 grams.

Drop - I love love love the Dreamsicle. Ralph Davis really puts out some amazing stuff, doesn't he? That's the morph that really had my mouth watering when I decided to make this leap. I've got the genes here for it, it's just a matter of growing them out.

My scalies say thank you for the compliments everyone, and send hugs. :hehe:

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.