• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

"Baby"

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy

I'm actually loud enough to out-shout Rhubarb. Gotta use all my old classical voice training to do it though. And it wasn't a punishment... wanted to see if I could actually match her energy and ended up discovering that she's not a fan of my operatic warm-ups.
Hahahahaha ! I love this! I usually screech with Freddy and he seems to really enjoy it too. Today though he's being a too with a TOOOD he came out this morning but not this afternoon. I need my Freddy bird time! :arghh::unsure1::facepalm:

Jeanbets

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kelly
Update on" Baby"
I write this with a broken heart but I know I did the right thing for everyone, Baby was with us for a night and a day and my little 13yro.male min pin was so scared he went into a panic attack, I thought if I keep Baby this dog is gonna end up on rainbow bridge sooner then later, so my brother and his girlfriend are now happy owners of a umbrella cockatoo,they were the ones who transported her from Florida to Connecticut and they absolutely fell in Love with her on the 3 day ride,She fell in love with them too, it's really true when they say a bird picks you,the love I see between my brothers girlfriend and Baby is absolutely beautiful! She is in Great hands,and shes only 20mins away so I still get to see her. I brought all her toys and her cage over to their house yesterday and she is so Happy, I just want to thank everyone one for the love and support I feel on this forum,Amazing people on here!! Here is a pic of Baby in her new and forever home

Attachments

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
It sounds like you did the right thing for all involved. I know that doesn't help your broken heart...:sadhug2:

Please invite your brother and his girlfriend to join us here on the Avenue...:)

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m sorry it didn’t work out for you and Baby, but I’m glad she is with people who will love and care for her. It’s also nice that you can go and visit her, or maybe help them out when they need a bird sitter! I hope Baby’s new family joins the forum!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
It sounds like a happy ending for all involved. Your heart shouldn't be broken; sometimes despite our best intentions life has other plans. :)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Looking good! :thumbsup:

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Wow - it's so great that they bonded with this precious baby, and good that you are still able to see her too - I'm SO glad you were able to make everyone happy, and your broken heart will probably feel much better when you are able to visit. :heart: