• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Baby Canaries

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Could it be that its a form of splay legs? Im hoping she pulls through!

lyx

Sprinting down the street
Oh no, I am very sorry to hear that:sadhug2:It is very sad, but it does hap
pen:( Though sometimes we are able to save them:heart: We once raised a rabbit that was the smallest of a clutch, she was on the edge of dying when we brought her home, but she survived and lived a very happy life. :)
aw thank you, I know it was a shock to hear but I can imagine for the breeder it was a lot more traumatic! Aww that's so sweet about the baby rabbit, I'm glad that she survived and is now thriving I love that there's good people in this world willing to help even the smallest of lives :heart:

If it's an epidemic, I'll ask my daughter to invent a vaccine!!! The one that created the ebola vaccine. LOL

Yes it's especially sad somehow... I think when they are tiny we pin so much hope on them and love them so much.
:lol:I'm with ya on that one

And yes, I think you're right about that there's just something so special we want to protect them with all our heart.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I hope she will be OK.

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
This whole post has been sad :(

Just now catching up. I hope she will be ok too.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
BAD NEWS.
This morning I was happy, I gave Faith a little bath and wrapped her in a tissue.... she weighed 6.6 grams, double what she weighed last week... she seemed very alert. Hubby took her to vet at 2:30 and came home empty handed. :sad10:

The vet said the one leg that bled a few days ago was not only broken but had bone sticking through. The first leg was broken in 2 places. He did not think I damaged it by using a pipe cleaner to create a 'brace' at the top to fix splay leg - @Bokkapooh that's what I thought, too. So I guess they have been broken since she fell from the nest? This isn't really making sense to me. I don't know what happened.

He said Faith was definitely suffering and going downhill, that she showed beginning signs of renal failure. The photo was right after her bath...What a little fighter! My poor, poor baby. :sorrow:

baby faith.jpg .

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Oh no, I am so so very sorry.:bluhug: I can't even imagine the hurt when you loose a baby that seemed to be doing better:(
Poor little Faith was super strong, a real survivor:heart: You did everything you possibly could to help her:heart:
Now she is with the other canary babies, without any pain and very happy:sorrow:
Fly free little Faith

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry that Faith did not make it. Thank you for trying.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I'm so sorry...that tiny bird was loved and knew it..you did wonders ..fly free little one.