• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anyone live within four hours of Memphis, TN? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:dance4: This is getting exciting! :popcorn:

FreeByrd

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
The cage is currently flat. If put together, you would definitely need a van with no seats.... But broken down it is more manageable. It is HUGE and would be spacious for four. My pics in the computer show how big. If my husband gets off anytime soon I can show you actual pics with my one bird in it.

These two are used to human interaction, but maybe with a flock they'd adapt? Right now I have to hold them on my finger and talk to them at least every other day or they get "cranky" and loud. Then they settle down... so I think they actually like it. Or I just am hopeful I mean something to them!

They have an open cage policy with a playgym on top of their current cage... But it wouldn't work on the aviary. I usually have a rope perch dangled to the ground and if they fly off (usually Jeeves after Blimpie harasses him) they just climb back up. They don't know how to fly up... They usually stay in a five foot radius... Longest trek was ten feet!

Would LOVE to rehome them prior to end if Feb. so I don't bring them to the house that has been pet free.... But I won't "evict" them... ;) I could maybe make a quarantine room for them with filters on vents and under door.....

A roadie would be swell unless it is a rocker roadie then the kids may protest loud music!

FreeByrd

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
The aviary is huge and you could always put the playgym stuff attached to the sides on the outside if they want to leave the cage. They might not feel the need.... Marley (my former bird) used to at least go out the door and hang on a wooden perch sometimes.... But it got rarer and rarer so we ditched the huge Cage.

I'm betting if they got along they wouldn't care about leaving? I know Jeeves would just be happy for a Friend.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
My budgies are really loners...they are a tightly bonded pair.With a large enough cage, I don't think we'd have a problem. It's a challenge when they have their annuals, we-and the vet staff- get bitten quite a bit! Oh well, it goes with the territory.;)

I'm going to talk with my brother who I'd get to help with driving...he helped immensely when we got Buddy last year.
Marley (my former bird) used to at least go out the door and hang on a wooden perch sometimes....
That's an interesting coincidence...one of our budgies is also named Marley. :)

I like my budgies to be more hands-off...more "budgie-centered", so to speak. They seem to be happier when interacting with their own. Given time, I think that they all would find their place in a flock and be happy.
I don't know if logistically I make sense to help but I am willing to do so.
I think that you would be of great help with this, Michelle. You're kind of "in the middle" between here and Memphis.

@FreeByrd ...I'll PM tomorrow and we'll talk more...lets get this done...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Cage looks great! :)

I promise I'll PM tomorrow...we WILL get this done....:) :yes3:

FreeByrd

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Have to admit, I was kinda hoping they would have humans and other birds to interact with as it is so hard to get friendly budgies and these guys already are... but I know they'd love to have a flock as well. :) They are also used to an open door policy.... with things to play on. Here is a crazy set up we had at my sister's house in FL. She had two parrotlets and I had my two so we got the same size cages and made a PLACE for everyone! We even had another play gym on the coffee table... so they had plenty to hang out on.... These are just their "travel and stay at Aunt Marci's temporary homes)

Definitely PM me tomorrow.... or email me. I don't know how to initiate a PM on here? But my email is AimlessDaze (at) Yahoo.com and I am Michelle .

12122528_10206145373658247_7923498005841953493_n.jpg

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Oh dear i can certainly feel how this hurts you. I appreciate people thinking about me. I adore English budgies. I am counting on being approved for a smaller apartment in the next few months. The space is limited to about 570 square feet. Two or more bird cages would be difficult to arrange. I wish we could go back in time to a year ago. I would have jumped right in and given your two little ones as I much love as possible. I am happy Bob has offered to love them too. I really wish I could take them.

:sorry:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
@FreeByrd ...I see you're here. I will be emailing or PMing you soon...I had some errands to run this morning...:)

FreeByrd

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Hey Bob..... I was only on for a minute to check in... then I went back to bed! Woke up a bit ago and answered your message. My response is really long. Tee hee.... :roflmao:;):roflmao: I tend to go on... Big surprise, eh? :rofl: And your email makes it SO much easier for me to let these two go... :heart:

Dianne, I have been living in a 900 sq. ft. apt. for six years with my husband and older son. Plus the two budgies. It is very cramped, so I totally understand! You would have been an excellent home for them and I'm sure they'd have loved you and your two fids... :heart::heart::heart:

Kate, Thanks!!! It was actually a really workable setup as the two floor cages are the cages that we took them out on the screened in balcony in for sun and nature and a breeze. THEY LOVE to go outside (forgot to tell Bob that!) and that is why they were reluctant to leave the small cage and go to their "home" and play area. My sister's p'letts hopped right out and went for their food. They didn't like outside as much... :wacky: The ropes are their highway up.... They haven't gotten the hang of flying. Even though they spend about half and half of their time fully flighted. When I travel, I clip them as I am afraid they'll get loose and get taken on a wind......

FreeByrd

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
I think Bob really likes the idea of adopting Blimpie and Jeeves?!?! :dance5:

I'm SO excited. Should I close this thread? Not used to doing this. How does it work? lol

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry you have to rehome your budgies but sounds like a plan is coming together and that they will wind up in a wonderful home! Sending positive thoughts that everything works out well.
Hope you feel better!

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
@FreeByrd I think a moderator has to close it, but don't until y'all open a new thread about the adoption. :D The rest of us need a place to talk about it!

You can change the title, though, I think. Maybe add -ADOPTED at the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.