• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anyone live within four hours of Memphis, TN? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeByrd

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
I have developed BFL disease and have tried desperately to keep my two English Budgies. Two Hepa UV light filter machines, daily cleanings, and daily baths are not doing it. I haven't been able to interact with them.... I am very sad, but I need to rehome them and would love to find a home for them with someone from here, as I believe members of this site are mostly Primo Bird People!

If you are at all open to adopting two birds, please read below. If you can't, or are too far away, please pray for me and send get well vibes as this is one of the hardest things I have ever done.

* both are English Budgies from Beautiful Beaks Aviary in FL.
* both were born in late Spring of 2014 ~ so 3 years old soon.
* both step up and will interact with you to varying degrees
* both will hang out on you for awhile if they are BOTH there
* both enjoy happiness frequency sounds on YouTube, and mellow music like that
* both HATE Neil Young and loud music
* they like to be on your finger or their perch stick while you dance with them to music
* neither one will touch fruits or veggies either dried or fresh :(
* they are used to a CLEAN cage and will protest if it gets messy. Loud.
* both were starting to enjoy being scritched on their heads after a bath... but haven't been able to do it for the past few months.
* each one has bit one time in three years... both times when scared. Jeeves did not break skin, but Blimpie did.
* with time and attention, these two will be quite interactive... but likely never will be Velcro birds....
* Oh, and both enjoy just about anything shreddable as long as it isn't too big
* they actually WANT to be covered at night and are used to being sung a special goodnight song that is easy and even if you suck at singing you could do it.... ;)

Jeeves is yellow/green and is male. He was actually learning to give kisses. Was open to hanging out on your shoulder or chest for a bit. He had started flying to me on his own. I can see that happening again with time and attention. He is rather noisy and will sing to anything. Literally ANYTHING. He LOVES Blimpie, but although she is bonded to him.... she won't let him perch near her or snug up to her and rarely lets him groom her. She NEVER grooms him. :(

Blimpie is blue and white and a girl. She is bigger and heavier. (Hence the nickname.... She was Javvy.... but doesn't answer to that) She is a loaner. You can give her kisses but doubt she'll ever give you one back. My sister does this thing with her where she "sandwiches" Blimpie in her two hands in a tent shape and kisses her and smooches her and coos over her... and Blimpie DOES eat that up!!!

They come with EVERYTHING you could possibly need for them. They love their one current cage, but I have three. A lot of things I have I bought from MySafeBirdStore. Everything is CLEAN and in new shape.

Here is my IDEAL home for them:

* have at least two other parakeets (I have a huge aviary cage if you need it) But Jeeves deserves a friend who will at least sit next to him and maybe fix his pin feathers...
* have parakeets who actually eat fruits, veggies, birdy bread, mashes, etc.
* someone who loves to take photos and write about their birds, so I can keep up with my babies... I truly love them and am sitting here crying over this situation....
* doesn't have animals/pets who are natural bird predators

I do NOT want to sell them, but I don't want to give them away.... they are family. So I would like to ask for $100. You can decide one of the following three options:
* take them to get vetted
* donate to a bird rescue
* I can hold it for three months, and if you keep me updated with pics and news and they are happy, I will return it to you at the end of that time.

If you are interested, email me at AimlessDaze (at) Yahoo.com. My name is Michelle and I am not going to just take the first offer. I'd love to find them a HOME. So please tell me about yourself and your current birds. I can drive four hours one way to get them to you. (i.e. an 8 hour trip for me total ... MAY be able to do five hours one way for right home) I WILL NOT fly them... Sorry.

I know I could have posted in ReHome Highway, but that title just breaks my heart.... :( Hoping someone here is willing to take two more birds. Although Blimpie is big, she isn't too huge.... They don't take up much space.... ;)

Attachments

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I'm so sorry! :sadhug2:I hope they find a wonderful home with loving budgie friends! :grouphug2:It is obvious you care for them and I know their new home will too, because you won't take them anywhere else.

FreeByrd

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Yes! I love them so much .... this hurts so bad. If I HAVE to I will keep them, but I am actually coughing up blood clots. Struggling to breathe. So I am hoping and praying someone here wants to adopt them into their family. :heart:

FreeByrd

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
I hope the Budgie People see this now that it has been moved..... I was hoping someone would just stumble across it and think: "Hey, I wanna help and they sound like cool birds." Do people go to the Rehome Highway if they aren't actively LOOKING for birds??? :(:sad2::sad14::sad2::sad10:

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
You could look at the members currently posting in the Budgie Boulevard to see if any are close enough to you and tag them in this thread or message them to see if they are interested. They can drive to meet you, too, so maybe an 8-ish hour radius?

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Oh I'm so sorry.

Prayers up for you and them.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I hope the Budgie People see this now that it has been moved..... I was hoping someone would just stumble across it and think: "Hey, I wanna help and they sound like cool birds." Do people go to the Rehome Highway if they aren't actively LOOKING for birds??? :(:sad2::sad14::sad2::sad10:

I think most people browse by New Posts so will see the thread. Rehome Highway is where birds to be rehomed MUST be posted as it is a moderated forum.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
That's why I was saying to tag some prospective members. I know you didn't want to post your thread in the Rehome Highway, but it really does belong here. That's why the mods had to move it. A lot of members do search the New Posts, though, and that pulls up the threads with the newest posts from all of the sections.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm so sorry you have to rehome your budgies. I would be willing to help transport if someone here was interested and was more than 4 hour away.

@Lady Jane ?

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I thought of her, too! I just didn't know if she was close enough. I'm sure a couple members would do a relay. :)

Sweet Louise

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
I am so sorry you are ill and have to re-home your birds. I think how you want someone who would adopt to pay is classy.

FreeByrd

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Never thought about a relay! That would be cool.....
If I absolutely had to, I could do 8 hours and stay overnight. It is just that money is real tight now. We bought a house and have been working to make it allergy/asthma friendly and it is costing more than we planned. But I would love to find a HOME for my feather butts. They deserve it and are used to being treated well.

I have limited energy. (These posts are sapping energy....) but I will surf names and try to tag after I take a wee nap. ;)

Thanks for the responses thus far! <3

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I am so sorry that you have to rehome your babies. We fulfill all your wishes about potential placement...two budgies, who eat birdy bread, veggies, mash...although they don't like fruit that much...and they tend to jump up and down on their birdy bread before they eat it. ;)
I'm here on AA all the time talking about my flock, and with 7 other birds, there are no predators.
Unfortunately, we live too far away...and to truly do right by your babies and our budgies, they'd have to be housed in the large aviary cage...which would mean they would have to be moved out of the living room and into the computer room...

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I am so sorry that you have to rehome your babies. We fulfill all your wishes about potential placement...two budgies, who eat birdy bread, veggies, mash...although they don't like fruit that much...and they tend to jump up and down on their birdy bread before they eat it. ;)
I'm here on AA all the time talking about my flock, and with 7 other birds, there are no predators.
Unfortunately, we live too far away...and to truly do right by your babies and our budgies, they'd have to be housed in the large aviary cage...which would mean they would have to be moved out of the living room and into the computer room...

Sounds like you have a plan up your sleeve, Bob! ;)

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
So, how do we get Jeeves and Blimpie to Bob's computer room?

@FreeByrd Bob's house would be a marvelous forever home, if he's willing to share his computer room. ;)

I love it! :joyful:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Tennessee isn't really that far away.......... Howie and I drove to Nashville before Christmas..........

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
I am so sorry you are forced to do this. I hope the right home can be found for them quickly. @cassiesdad you can do it.

FreeByrd

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
I'm a transplant from Pittsburgh, Pa!!! :)D

Just did some calculations... You are about 12 and 1/2 hours from me Bob. I would LOVE to have you adopt the feather butts! I haven't posted in awhile, but I remember you!!!! (And Lady Jane also)

If we can work out a relay or meeting spot... This would be excellent. Only thing is, we have to work around snow. Been a LONG time since we drove in snow.

My husband just gave his blessing for a Road Trip. I wasn't sure he would... I am crying.

Bob... I have everything you need. Heated perch, three different cages, all sorts of extras like Tidy Seed feeders and baths. Please say you want them definitely? We will work the drive out... :).

The one cage is huge ... I will try to find picture s, but on Kindle so will have to do it tomorrow!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman

I wish I did. I do think we'd be a good place for FreeByrd's budgies...the logistics would be very difficult, though. I've been a part of two birdy trains in the past...both of them were successful, but had huge unforeseen problems (such as vehicle breakdowns) crop up during the process. @Laura729 could tell you all about the day she brought Buddy to us.

I'd want to rent a minivan of some sort to transport the cage...again, I've done that before. The weather now is a real crapshoot....February is a definite nasty month for travel.

I see the aviary cage pictured...do you think four budgies would be comfortable living in it? My budgies do not really interact with us much at all...they're a little flock unto themselves. In fact they rarely come out of their cage, even though they are free to do so.

Maybe this could get done...time seems to be of the essence...your health is the most important thing here. Maybe we could see if there's some roadie out there that could help us out in the transportation...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.