• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Animal Environments Play stands?

BeakFace

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I have the travel aluminum cages in small. Great size for my small (not the tiny size) birds and have a grate and two bowls, perfect for travel or evaluation. Regular cages would be hard to fit in my car. I have 5 birds and have to figure out something for my two Palm cockatoos and have several small dogs!

Rory's Mom

Meeting neighbors
Don't be rushed. That's the saleswoman in her! I know you won't be disappointed but just talk to her about her opinions of what you are doing. Doing custom is great if when you get it your happy. She kinda would tell me if she thought I was doing something I wouldn't be happy with. Some I agreed to and some I didn't. I am happy with every change I made. Just think it over in your head.
I have a commercial cook top I love. They don't make it anymore. Stick to your guns since your the one doing the cooking. Out persist them all and you will get what you want. Stand your ground girl! :dance5:
I'm so glad I reached out to everyone here - you all have been so great with the crazy lady - LOL -
Yes, you are absolutely right - even if it means I have to hire someone to do custom metal work or the countertop people to come back and make a trim piece - I won't be happy with any stove other than what I want - and after all - I DESERVE TO HAVE SOMETHING NICE AND NOT SETTLE (get the feeling I just solved my dilemma on everything - LOL)

Yes, I do not respond well to "sales" - I am better though - I don't yell at them - I just refuse to subject myself to that treatment and I walk out of a lot of places now - :rofl:

BeakFace

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I just wrote to Carmen giving her a hard time about Luci's cage even though it's not due till next month. Notice my photo of the Macaw cage with the modified Luxor top. Its just a little different than the regular Luxor top due to 1" bar spacing. This change was really time consuming for her because of the design. I am curious what she will do to design the cockatoo cage with the Luxor top since your bar spacing will even be smaller . What bar spacing are you doing on the modified Cockatoo Cage? I am asking for myself as well because I would love to have the Luxor design for my Canary, Elvis! Now that would really be over the top! I also have the double hand welds, they look so much better. Of course you won't need double but the finish is so much better hand welded. She can always send you photo's of your choices of welds and advise you. If your really picky my advise is to her you. She said I am her most picky customer! I am sure I pay the picky price! :hehe:

Rory's Mom

Meeting neighbors
I asked for one inch - she said I had to do 7/8 - I thought one inch would be sufficient - especially since they're in a metal dog cage and make no attempt to go through the bars.
She mentioned something about the hand welds that she would do - so if I got a bigger bird in the future I would already have a secure cage for it.

I don't want the bars to tight together that I can't pet Rory - he loves to come to the side of the cage in the morning - put the top of his head against the side of the cage and has me scratch his head.

Do you think if I insist on the one inch that would be okay?
of course EH wants to do small spacing as well - I don't want them so close together that I can't enjoy seeing the birds. Some cages I've seen the bar spacing is so close all you see is the cage.

BeakFace

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Just my opinion but 1" would scare me with the Cockateil.

Rory's Mom

Meeting neighbors
Just my opinion but 1" would scare me with the Cockateil.
Oh - so that rules out the Kings Cage - the one that they have that I was going to buy was in 1 inch spacing - but there again - that was $2,000 and from who knows where.

BeakFace

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
The only Kings cage I like is the aluminum ones. I sent back the stainless! From where CHINA!

Rory's Mom

Meeting neighbors
The only Kings cage I like is the aluminum ones. I sent back the stainless! From where CHINA!
I just received an e-mail from Carmen saying it sounds like I have too much on my plate to make a decision - she was just trying to get me a good deal if I ordered now -and she has plenty of customers to take my place in line -

I told her that I would look over the specifications of the e-mail and perhaps need to fine tune a few things - and again, I didn't understand her latest e-mail about the other changes she was recommending. I also asked if she would consider taking a deposit to start the order and payment in full at time of shipment. however, if the "deal" was if I placed the order right away - then I guess I won't be buying from her - we went back and forth so many times on pricing and that was even before we got into detailed specifications.

I just received the photos of the door locking mechanism on the EH and not quite sure about that.

I give up :(

Macaw Lover

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
I used to use locks on Jody's cage for years and a couple of years on Kalea's. Got tired of having to use keys and replacing them after a while (when they get wet too many times from birdies taking baths in their bowls) I switched over to using the rod just slides down. I have stood there and watched while Kalea and even Donovan have tried removing it but they have not been successful. I will admit when I first started using the rods I would still use the lock if I left the house, it had to prove to me that Kalea would not pull it up and off and eventually I stopped using the locks because my little monkey has never been able to remove it.

Go with the EH cage, you won't regret it.

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
To lock the doors on my EH cage, she sent me ss carabiners.
I don't understand why Carmen is pressuring you so much :grumpy:, maybe you can find a used AE cage??

Rory's Mom

Meeting neighbors
To lock the doors on my EH cage, she sent me ss carabiners.
I don't understand why Carmen is pressuring you so much :grumpy:, maybe you can find a used AE cage??
That's what it looks like a little rod that slides down - they are sending me samples of the cage with the bar spacing I need - I never knew anyone would do that - I've received fabric samples in the mail but never cage samples - LOL

I'm sure Carmen is a very nice lady - perhaps it was how I read her e-mail - I replied to the e-mail because I don't want to haggle again - I can understand a change in pricing if I change something about the cage - but the back and forth on the price and the cage has to be ordered now for the "deal" - I know she's a salesperson and trying to make a sale - but it just brings me back to car dealers. I've been talking with Beakface pretty much all day - and it helped calm my fears -

We'll have to see what happens.

BeakFace

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I just received an e-mail from Carmen saying it sounds like I have too much on my plate to make a decision - she was just trying to get me a good deal if I ordered now -and she has plenty of customers to take my place in line -

I told her that I would look over the specifications of the e-mail and perhaps need to fine tune a few things - and again, I didn't understand her latest e-mail about the other changes she was recommending. I also asked if she would consider taking a deposit to start the order and payment in full at time of shipment. however, if the "deal" was if I placed the order right away - then I guess I won't be buying from her - we went back and forth so many times on pricing and that was even before we got into detailed specifications.

I just received the photos of the door locking mechanism on the EH and not quite sure about that.

I give up :(
Just take a few days off. I don't like any pressure being put on me and I won't be pushed. It sounds like no fun. Did she agree to 50% down? That use to be an option. Sorry, maybe she is having a bad day. I'm not making excuses for her, trust me. Every option is more money, It adds up and can become overwhelming. My first purchase was a little uncomfortable only because like you said all the money up front and you don't know the company plus the stress of making the right decision. I have four cages behind me and the fifth on the way. Carmen takes a while to get to know her. I really like her, she is honest and really trys to please me in any way she can. My best advice is still don't rush. Do what your comfortable with. That being said I know she makes a great cage. I could mention brands that I have seen but I can tell you they don't come close to Animal Environments. One of your problems is you want a large cage and pre made cages come with the bars to far apart. It's almost like you need custom cage no mater what. Many people on here talk of other custom companies and maybe compare and talk to them. Please make sure you see cages from other companies before you order from them would be my best advice. Close up pictures to include welds would work. I drove 5 hours one way to see 2 different cages and glad I did. I volunteer at local bird rescue and get to see just about all the brand cages. These cages are given when people surrender the birds. I watched Animal Environments video on YouTube and I was amazed at the quality. Have you watched her video? Even after watching the video I ordererd a large stainless steel cage from anither company and it was totally unexceptable for me. It was shipped back immediately! I did this because I didn't feel comfortable with a company I didn't know and the negative comments made here also influenced me. She can come across kinda pushy at times trying to close the deal. Kinda typical of sales people. I just ignore that and do what I want when I'm ready. I know you have had some difficulties and it sounds like your just not comfortable with this cage deal. If I can help you in any way just ask. I think everyone here gives you complete honesty regarding the experiences that they have had and they are different for each of us. This is just a great site for information. Take a deep breathe and move on. Keep us posted.

Rory's Mom

Meeting neighbors
Just take a few days off. I don't like any pressure being put on me and I won't be pushed. It sounds like no fun. Did she agree to 50% down? That use to be an option. Sorry, maybe she is having a bad day. I'm not making excuses for her, trust me. Every option is more money, It adds up and can become overwhelming. My first purchase was a little uncomfortable only because like you said all the money up front and you don't know the company plus the stress of making the right decision. I have four cages behind me and the fifth on the way. Carmen takes a while to get to know her. I really like her, she is honest and really trys to please me in any way she can. My best advice is still don't rush. Do what your comfortable with. That being said I know she makes a great cage. I could mention brands that I have seen but I can tell you they don't come close to Animal Environments. One of your problems is you want a large cage and pre made cages come with the bars to far apart. It's almost like you need custom cage no mater what. Many people on here talk of other custom companies and maybe compare and talk to them. Please make sure you see cages from other companies before you order from them would be my best advice. Close up pictures to include welds would work. I drove 5 hours one way to see 2 different cages and glad I did. I volunteer at local bird rescue and get to see just about all the brand cages. These cages are given when people surrender the birds. I watched Animal Environments video on YouTube and I was amazed at the quality. Have you watched her video? Even after watching the video I ordererd a large stainless steel cage from anither company and it was totally unexceptable for me. It was shipped back immediately! I did this because I didn't feel comfortable with a company I didn't know and the negative comments made here also influenced me. She can come across kinda pushy at times trying to close the deal. Kinda typical of sales people. I just ignore that and do what I want when I'm ready. I know you have had some difficulties and it sounds like your just not comfortable with this cage deal. If I can help you in any way just ask. I think everyone here gives you complete honesty regarding the experiences that they have had and they are different for each of us. This is just a great site for information. Take a deep breathe and move on. Keep us posted.
After speaking with you - and looking at other cages - and thinking - I was just about to say okay I'll take the plunge - I received two e-mails - the first said that the order is cancelled but if I call her right a way she won't officially cancel it until Monday morning - then said we would have to start over with the pricing - because I asked if the price and specs she emailed me would still be good - mind you I've lost track of the pricing back and forth and her changing the pricing on be and that was before I even started doing anything custom. i don't understand the only reason the price should change is if I requested something different then what was on the order confirmation. THEN…. you'll love this - if you only send 50% to start the order - that means AND I QUOTE …. I WORK SLOWER - which means I said I would try for August - but you can't get it until end of september because you don't send enough to buy the supplies.

SERIOUSLY????? WTF…… does she buy the stuff and make it in her basement - SHE CAN GO TO ……………………. I am NOT going to go through haggling over and over and over again -just so she can quote me a price and the very next e-mail it's a different price then phone calls and emails reminding her what she quoted me and then her finally saying okay I'll honor that price because it'll make you happy - NO YOU HONOR THE PRICE BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT YOU QUOTED - WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE WHETHER I SAY YES TO A CONFIRMED ORDER FORM IN ONE DAY OR A WEEK -

I NOW AGREEE WITH EVERYONE ELSE TO STAY AWAY FROM THAT FLAKE. AFTER SEEING YOUR CAGES AND LOOKING AT OTHERS I SAID YES I WOULD LIKE A NICE CAGE AND IT APPEARS IT'S WORTH THE MONEY - BUT IT'S NOT WORTH THE BS FROM HER - I'VE BEEN THROUGH TO MUCH THIS PAST YEAR TO HAVE TO FIGHT OVER A CAGE.

Macaw Lover

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
THEN…. you'll love this - if you only send 50% to start the order - that means AND I QUOTE …. I WORK SLOWER - which means I said I would try for August - but you can't get it until end of september because you don't send enough to buy the supplies.
Not enough for supplies. Yep, she doesn't have a bunch of customers waiting in line. My other guess is that she has to wait until the laborers can work a small job for her in between their real jobs and that is why there is such a wait also. Really a shame because few things are actually made here in the USA and not overseas but it was just soooo hard dealing with her and getting the plastic connecting pins I needed.

BeakFace

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
So sorry it didn't work out with Carmen. There are people on here that have great success with other companies and I'm sure they will share the information. Wish you the best and keep us posted.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
I'm sorry for your experience @Rory's Mom :( But, I cannot say I am at all surprised. I have read so, so many stories of terrible customer service from her. And experienced it firsthand myself!

Rory's Mom

Meeting neighbors
I'm sorry for your experience @Rory's Mom :( But, I cannot say I am at all surprised. I have read so, so many stories of terrible customer service from her. And experienced it firsthand myself!
Thanks, after talking with beak face - I was all set - because they are beautiful cages - but I should have to renegotiate a price just because I'm not ready to buy when she sends me the order confirmation. I was even over my fear of sending the full amount - now I don't know what to do. I was only going to look over the specs again, and beak face made a few really good suggestions that I should consider getting before the final order was placed. That in my book should be the only reason the price should change; if I made a change to the order.

I think you said EH - they sent me some closeup pictures of a few features and are sending me a sample of the cage with the spacing that they recommend for my birds to see if it's what I would like before they start the cage.

Still checking for a used cage but only finding things that people should really put in the trash - the cheap ones bought from pet stores that look as if they've seen better days. Even a few of those plastic and wire ones from like K-mart type store - that have paint chipping off. One person actually said it was a Kings Cage and his bird ate off some of the paint and he was recommended to get a SS and he's selling the Kings that the paint came off of - Seriously?

The only other thing would be the freedom cage company where everyone had terrible experiences with him. The cages are SS but leftover stock when he bought the company and I believe he said they were from India. He's local - only about hour and half away - I could go look at one and he offered to deliver in his own pickup for a small fee (cheaper than shipping) and it won't fit in my car. I'm not sure of that freedom buffet - the little bird likes to get into the food dishes - afraid she'll get stuck or hurt.

If any one has one of his cages -let me know -I'm a little bummed I was all set to place the order with Carmen - until I read those e-mails -
unless I get over being mad and just consider she has ZERO customer service skills.

I appreciate everyone helping me through this process.