• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Animal Environments Play stands?

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Someone mentioned that Valentines Day was for their birds . . . . .

Does anyone have one of these play stands?
Welcome to Animal Environments

I have one java/manzanita tree stand and a small table stand. These looked kind of cool to me but I couldn't see the price on their web page (which leads me to believe that if you have to ask, you can't afford).

I think I'll just make a list of all the items I want but will only purchase when I hit the lottery. Kings aluminum travel cages are on the top of that list.

Need to go buy a lottery ticket.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
I don't own one but have seen them in person. They are very nice. That said many people have many hesitations about purchasing from that company. I have a stainless steel stand made by the Wingdow Company instead which I love and adore, and their customer service is excellent. Also very pricey though.

Macaw Lover

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
I have a total of 3 ring stands, well technically 4 because I never threw out the powder coated one that Jody chewed the paint off and the bottom portion rusted underneath the paint.

All three of my babies love that stand but it is Kalea who slides down the center post like a fireman and then she is off to the races, and wood is not safe when she is on the floor like that.

Another friend of mine had finally gotten the one he ordered from there, it took FOREVER to be shipped. I think he said the price was $800 with the bowls and the tray is SS rather than the usual plastic one.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I have a total of 3 ring stands, well technically 4 because I never threw out the powder coated one that Jody chewed the paint off and the bottom portion rusted underneath the paint.

All three of my babies love that stand but it is Kalea who slides down the center post like a fireman and then she is off to the races, and wood is not safe when she is on the floor like that.

Another friend of mine had finally gotten the one he ordered from there, it took FOREVER to be shipped. I think he said the price was $800 with the bowls and the tray is SS rather than the usual plastic one.
YIKES! No wonder I didn't see the price on their web site.

Macaw Lover

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
That is about what I said when he told me what he paid. Two of the stands I have now I got off of eBay really cheap and I am so glad now that I got them when I did, I might have paid something like 75 each but I could be off a little.

There is one listed on CL out in the Virgin Islands. Doesn't list a price but can't imagine trying to ship that to the states anyway. :laugh:

Macaw Lover

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
Ok, so I am laying in bed thinking this morning. I usually do my best thinking in the shower so thinking in bed is unusual.

Using the dimensions from the slightly large one I have, I came up with the following: 35 long, 29 width, 11 height. I found the zip code for St Croix (the ad states STX which is ST Croix) 00820 but no clue where you are shipping it to so I used the downtown zip code for Chicago, 60601 and a weight guestimate of 40 lbs. the price for shipping would come to 132.29 to ship via USPS. Now the box being used might come out slightly larger so keep that in mind along with the true weight. The original ad I saw was a couple of months back and they could have sold it but it sure doesn't hurt to ask if they still have it and what the price is and if they are willing to ship.

I would also ask if the stand has the bowls for it along with the brackets to hold the cup to the stand. If that answer is yes, then things would be great. If not, trying to get them from AE would be like pulling teeth, taking months and a zillion calls I am afraid.

Now what AE would charge for the stand with the plastic tray and not the SS one Steven got I am not sure.

This is for the Ring Stand model and not the Play Area ones but maybe someone else on here would be interested

Postage Price Calculator

Large Parrot Cage

Macaw Lover

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
Here's what looks like a part of one and a cage on eBay
Stainless Steel Dome Top Parrot Cage | eBay

When looking at the ring stand as it sits on top of the cage, the ring is not in a straight line with the post, it is at an angle which it should not be. Also, if you look at the bottom portion of the ring in the pic where it is on the ground, it appears there are markings on it, like it was banged up with a tool such as a hammer, etc. Then you have to wonder how they had it set up what with the 2 brackets they have attached to the post?????

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
In God's timing there will be one in my neck of the woods. . . . .

or I will remember to go buy a lottery ticket so I can get my Kings Aluminum Travel Cages at the same time!!!!

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I don't own one but have seen them in person. They are very nice. That said many people have many hesitations about purchasing from that company. I have a stainless steel stand made by the Wingdow Company instead which I love and adore, and their customer service is excellent. Also very pricey though.
How come they never have pics of their stands on their site?
Do you have a link to them and the prices?

casey&casper

Sprinting down the street
Someone mentioned that Valentines Day was for their birds . . . . .

Does anyone have one of these play stands?
Welcome to Animal Environments

I have one java/manzanita tree stand and a small table stand. These looked kind of cool to me but I couldn't see the price on their web page (which leads me to believe that if you have to ask, you can't afford).

I think I'll just make a list of all the items I want but will only purchase when I hit the lottery. Kings aluminum travel cages are on the top of that list.

Need to go buy a lottery ticket.
I stumbled across an unbelievable deal on an AE stainless steel macaw cage and playstand--$500 for both in excellent condition. I don't have the stand you linked to, I have the one below (photo from their website), and I like it very much. It's easily cleaned, easily moved around the house and very sturdy. More importantly Casper likes it! If you have an opportunity to grab one I heartily recommend it. It has four rings to serve as toy attachments and the dishes swing out to give the bird far more room on the perch.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco

Wingdow has been working on revamping and updating their site for a while but life gets in the way ;) Merlie very helpfully posted their catalog: New Playstands from Wingdows | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum

I don't have the exact prices but Merlie also posted rough guidelines in that same thread:

The stands in the first picture start around $480 .. depending on options.

The 4 legged stands in the second picture start around $1K

The new Super Duper Huge Wingdow Seat/Playgym .. in picture 3 is over $2K.
They're not cheap by any means but I can attest to their quality. Between the Animal Environments stands I've seen in person (haven't seen all the models) and the Wingdow stand I own, the Wingdow takes the cake on quality easily. Their SS is super high quality, very thick, expertly welded. They really cover all the details and even make sure that all eye hooks / toy hooks are fully welded. They also very cleverly make everything modular so that if you want to change or add to it in the future, that's possible. I wrote a review of my stand here: Review: the Wingdow Stand | Coco's Flock

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I don't think I would want the loop or the moon shape, Kiwi would just sit on top and poop on it.
Do you think they are solid enough to stand heavy macaw wing flapping? So heavy that there is windstorm and the fur/feathers/dust fly around so fast we are blinded with white out :huh:
We really need a nice one, if people saw what our macaw sits on now, I would be run out of the bird world :lol:

casey&casper

Sprinting down the street
I don't think I would want the loop or the moon shape, Kiwi would just sit on top and poop on it.
Do you think they are solid enough to stand heavy macaw wing flapping? So heavy that there is windstorm and the fur/feathers/dust fly around so fast we are blinded with white out :huh:
We really need a nice one, if people saw what our macaw sits on now, I would be run out of the bird world :lol:
If this question is for me, the base of the play stand is very heavy and the post is thick steel. I doubt a macaw could overturn it at all, much less via wing flapping. The original owner used it for her large macaw for years and said he loved it. Casper couldn't overturn it if he tried.

Casper enjoys climbing all over the ring. I rotate toys, etc. to keep it interesting as well. He prefers this one to a tree-type I borrowed to see if he liked it, but each bird is different.

Macaw Lover

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
I only have the AE ones but have seen (and carried them when a bunch of us helped to break down for them after the TASC show) and can say the quality of the steel is fantastic and the base is HEAVY so are not going to be tipping it over when creating the wind tunnel effect :hehe:

As far as just sitting on the top, no, that does no happen here, they climb up it to the top, slide down the ring and since the AE doesn't have that round tray under it, they hang upside by the feet or beak from the bottom of that ring.

I remember that wheels were extra on the glass block models which I would highly recommend.

Macaw Lover

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
Oops, forgot to add my 2 cents about the pooping on it.

Both Kalea and Donovan are straight down poopers whereas Jody can be one to shoot it a little more of a forward angle in her cage. Generally, she doesn't poop on the stand but it can happen every once in a while.

BeakFace

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
They do, I have three of them and really like them a lot. Never do the birds poop outside tray. I have stainless pan as well. Even had Cage Cagers custom cut paper liners to fit. All birds love them and worth every dime or should I say dollar! :hehe:

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco

Well I don't know exactly because Lola isn't quite a macaw but their photos have lots of big, beautiful macaws on them :) I'm sure Aleta would be happy to answer your questions though! I love my Wingdow stand and think it was worth every penny.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I don't want the AE one, it is too big.
If this question is for me, the base of the play stand is very heavy and the post is thick steel. I doubt a macaw could overturn it at all, much less via wing flapping. The original owner used it for her large macaw for years and said he loved it. Casper couldn't overturn it if he tried.

Casper enjoys climbing all over the ring. I rotate toys, etc. to keep it interesting as well. He prefers this one to a tree-type I borrowed to see if he liked it, but each bird is different.
Are you talking about the AE or Wingdow?

I only have the AE ones but have seen (and carried them when a bunch of us helped to break down for them after the TASC show) and can say the quality of the steel is fantastic and the base is HEAVY so are not going to be tipping it over when creating the wind tunnel effect :hehe:

As far as just sitting on the top, no, that does no happen here, they climb up it to the top, slide down the ring and since the AE doesn't have that round tray under it, they hang upside by the feet or beak from the bottom of that ring.

I remember that wheels were extra on the glass block models which I would highly recommend.
You are referring to the Wingdow, correct? I bet the black glass would be nice in my house!

Oops, forgot to add my 2 cents about the pooping on it.

Both Kalea and Donovan are straight down poopers whereas Jody can be one to shoot it a little more of a forward angle in her cage. Generally, she doesn't poop on the stand but it can happen every once in a while.
AE, or Wingdow?

Somehow I have hijacked this thread :p Going to email her now!

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
I think everybody else is talking about the AE. But you're right, the Wingdow glass blocks are gorgeous!! She has many custom colors and patterns. Really lovely.