• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Animal Environments Play stands?

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Thanks, after talking with beak face - I was all set - because they are beautiful cages - but I should have to renegotiate a price just because I'm not ready to buy when she sends me the order confirmation. I was even over my fear of sending the full amount - now I don't know what to do. I was only going to look over the specs again, and beak face made a few really good suggestions that I should consider getting before the final order was placed. That in my book should be the only reason the price should change; if I made a change to the order.

I think you said EH - they sent me some closeup pictures of a few features and are sending me a sample of the cage with the spacing that they recommend for my birds to see if it's what I would like before they start the cage.

Still checking for a used cage but only finding things that people should really put in the trash - the cheap ones bought from pet stores that look as if they've seen better days. Even a few of those plastic and wire ones from like K-mart type store - that have paint chipping off. One person actually said it was a Kings Cage and his bird ate off some of the paint and he was recommended to get a SS and he's selling the Kings that the paint came off of - Seriously?

The only other thing would be the freedom cage company where everyone had terrible experiences with him. The cages are SS but leftover stock when he bought the company and I believe he said they were from India. He's local - only about hour and half away - I could go look at one and he offered to deliver in his own pickup for a small fee (cheaper than shipping) and it won't fit in my car. I'm not sure of that freedom buffet - the little bird likes to get into the food dishes - afraid she'll get stuck or hurt.

If any one has one of his cages -let me know -I'm a little bummed I was all set to place the order with Carmen - until I read those e-mails -
unless I get over being mad and just consider she has ZERO customer service skills.

I appreciate everyone helping me through this process.

I've also had a very bad experience with Freedom.

I have two EH cages now and I really truly love both of them. I'm very, very happy with them. I will admit, I don't think they are quite as aesthetically pleasing as some of the custom jobs that Animal Environments or Freedom can pull off, but the quality is better than both in my opinion and the customer service is about 100x better in my opinion. Like most custom cage companies they work slowly and it will take you a few months to get your cage, but I think it's totally worth it.

Rory's Mom

Meeting neighbors
I've also had a very bad experience with Freedom.

I have two EH cages now and I really truly love both of them. I'm very, very happy with them. I will admit, I don't think they are quite as aesthetically pleasing as some of the custom jobs that Animal Environments or Freedom can pull off, but the quality is better than both in my opinion and the customer service is about 100x better in my opinion. Like most custom cage companies they work slowly and it will take you a few months to get your cage, but I think it's totally worth it.
Yes that's what I go back and forth on since the cage will be in my living room - based on looks alone - it looks like the AE cage is studier - and the EH looks like an overgrown wire cage that you get in a pet store - I'm sure I'll feel much better when I see the sample they're sending. Actually EH could get the cage completed faster than AE even though they have a back log of orders.

It's also interesting that they will take 20% deposit and the time frame I can expect my cage didn't change. Also, they said to keep looking and I can cancel before it ships - I forget the time frame for that. Reason: Just in case I found something before I had to buy one from them, they also forwarded my name to a few customers who were upgrading to a larger cage to see if they would be willing to sell me their previous cage. That way all I would have to do is contact them for any replacement parts that I needed.

Last edited:

Macaw Lover

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
Might be able to cancel with AE but don't expect a refund. Remember, she needs that money for the supplies and if you cancel that money is tied up in the stock that she then owns. That is the whole purpose of putting down a deposit, so if a deal ever falls through, the company is not left holding the bag while a purchaser goes on their merry way with no consequences.

Rory's Mom

Meeting neighbors
Might be able to cancel with AE but don't expect a refund. Remember, she needs that money for the supplies and if you cancel that money is tied up in the stock that she then owns. That is the whole purpose of putting down a deposit, so if a deal ever falls through, the company is not left holding the bag while a purchaser goes on their merry way with no consequences.
It was EH that offered the percentage down - and ability to cancel - but you're right I would have to check to see if I lose my whole deposit.
Thanks for reminding me -

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Yes that's what I go back and forth on since the cage will be in my living room - based on looks alone - it looks like the AE cage is studier - and the EH looks like an overgrown wire cage that you get in a pet store - I'm sure I'll feel much better when I see the sample they're sending.

I can see why you might think this, but this EH cage is built to last. It is nothing like a wire cage. It is fully welded and this thing is really built extremely sturdily!! I remember being amazed one time when I was taking it apart that I had taken out all but one screw on one of the panels that was attached to the base and it was literally being held up by only one screw-- and didn't budge. I actually wrote a blog post about this: More on Expandable Habitats Cages | Coco's Flock So don't worry about sturdiness one bit!! ;)

Rory's Mom

Meeting neighbors
I can see why you might think this, but this EH cage is built to last. It is nothing like a wire cage. It is fully welded and this thing is really built extremely sturdily!! I remember being amazed one time when I was taking it apart that I had taken out all but one screw on one of the panels that was attached to the base and it was literally being held up by only one screw-- and didn't budge. I actually wrote a blog post about this: More on Expandable Habitats Cages | Coco's Flock So don't worry about sturdiness one bit!! ;)
That makes me feel much better - still haven't received my sample and was hoping to see that before my final purchase.
Nice to see you're into essential oils as well - I liked them - but never really got into them until recently - had my doubts but I'm off all over the counter medications and other than an adjustment or two from a chiropractor. I haven't had the need to see a regular doctor (not saying it's from essential oils) but I'm much healthier now.

It's good to hear you were able to manage the cages on your own - I"m not small - I'm 5'4" but my upper body strength isn't what it used to be.