• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Amarillo decisions

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Aww she looks amazing and happy! Glad she's home! :fairy2:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Yeah! Glad she is home!!!

txdyna65

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
Beautiful girl, glad she is home with you :)

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
How's she doing Jen?
She's doing really well but they spoiled her silly at the UW. Giving her anything she wants to eat and now I can't seem to get her to eat her pellets. I don't normally feed Nutriberries but I went out and bought a huge bag of them last weekend and now she's even only taking a bite out of those and tossing them! Every day it's something new. I have to go shopping...she's cleaned me out of blueberries and raspberries. She likes the raspberries best and now I can't find any that were grown in the US. Do you think organically grown in Mexico is ok or would you not chance it. I have cherries too but she's sick of those. She was good with bananas for a while but I think she's done with those. She gets on a kick for a day and will only eat one thing and then the next day she moves onto something different. I'd really like to get some more weight on her. She's at 355/360 now and her regular weight is about 390.

She's talking and being a bit sassy when we have to medicate her. I have to have Jon help me now, I can't do it alone. She's really crabby about it, which makes me feel good about it because I know she's feeling better but also makes me feel bad because I hate to towel her and force her to take it but she has to have it. We have to medicate her for a month. I also think she hates being caged, but I have to keep looking at her poops...very important! They look good!:geek:

I knew I loved her prior to her getting sick, but I am so totally in love with her now...I just can't stand it! Even just talking about her brings tears to my eyes. I would like to think that any bird I have that came this close to death would make me feel this way but this little girl is so very special!:heart:

Oh, and Iris is so happy to have her home and sits on her cage and just observes but is crabby because she can't be right there with her! Talk about a another happy birdie!:rofl: