• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Alternative Pain reliever until I can see vet tomorrow?

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Great that your vet could see him today and that it isn't broken.
Give him a kiss from me and tell him he has the best mom! ♥
Thanks he is grumpy now and not wanting as much assistance from me even though he needs it. Can't blame him for being grumpy. He looks so uncomfortable. I guess I am too doting for him right now. But at least his injuries do not require surgery from what we can tell now. I hope the dx is correct and it is a matter of time to heal.

Thanks again for the support. It means a lot. From the time of injury until getting the doctor's dx seemed forever for me. It helped to have AA support

Last edited:

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
Just a fyi

I found Arthritis formula Pain Relief Herbal Birds drops by Avitech online

I have no idea if it works but it may be something to keep in the cupboard just in case

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
That’s good to know!

And I’m glad he’s feeling good enough to be grumpy. :)

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
Just an update to all rooting for Max....

He is improving. He is not back to normal and still in discomfort and limping, but not nearly as badly. He continues to have a healthy appetite. He wants lots of head rubbing and comfort from me. He has energy and wants to start playing a little vs just sitting fluffed up. I am hopeful that he will be close to normal in a week. So thankful that his pain is decreasing and feel more assured that my vet was right and it is only a very bad bruise vs a break.

Thanks again to all.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Aww poor Max. Its cute that he goes to Mama for comfort. I’m glad he is improving. Ernie said “rrrrawk” which I think means he is glad too.