• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Alternative Pain reliever until I can see vet tomorrow?

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Thanks, my ribs are improving from the fall. Sending healing wishes for Max :heart:
I did not know about the fall. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Sounds very painful.

I have been recovering from a cycling fall since Sept. I badly broke my hip and have had to learn to walk again. It makes one very thankful for very small things. I hope to be fully recovered by December.

Wish you and your flock good health. You have always been so helpful to others and I wish the same good karma back to you. Hugs

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
Thanks so much for the well wishes and guidance, everyone. He is a tough cookie and holding up today. He still looks very uncomfortable, but I do not see any additional decline. I will report back once we see a vet hopefully tomorrow. Everyone's well wishes means a lot. I joined AA when Max came into my life 6 years ago this month. He and Charlie are my children. Thanks.

CeciliaZ

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
I did not know about the fall. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Sounds very painful.

I have been recovering from a cycling fall since Sept. I badly broke my hip and have had to learn to walk again. It makes one very thankful for very small things. I hope to be fully recovered by December.

Wish you and your flock good health. You have always been so helpful to others and I wish the same good karma back to you. Hugs
Sorry to hear this. Hope the rest of your recovery goes well.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Yikes! I’m sorry about your hip. That’s a long process. I hope by 2019 your as good as new!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

Ouch! poor you! I hope your pain has lessened. Mine suddenly quit being so painful last night and i was elated not to have that level of excruciating pain. Hey, an audio baby monitor might be a good purchase for you. It alerts me to night incidents. I always keep a backup on the shelf and just ordered this. Google Express I hope it's a good one. I got 20%off with the code SUMMERFUN.

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
Tumeric is an anti-inflammatory and I've had avian vets prescribe it for that.

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
Ouch! poor you! I hope your pain has lessened. Mine suddenly quit being so painful last night and i was elated not to have that level of excruciating pain. Hey, an audio baby monitor might be a good purchase for you. It alerts me to night incidents. I always keep a backup on the shelf and just ordered this. Google Express I hope it's a good one. I got 20%off with the code SUMMERFUN.
Thanks for the tips as always

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
Yikes! I’m sorry about your hip. That’s a long process. I hope by 2019 your as good as new!
I appreciate that. While I am not 100%, I am doing fairly well now. I have been determined to get as close to 100% as I can.

Hopefully my Maximus will be 100% again too.

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
And if you have your own prescription of celebrex, often prescribed for arthritis or any inflammatory condition - that is prescribed for parrots also.
In an emergency you may decide to share. It is usually mixed up in a sugar solution at a particular concentration and given per weight of bird.
Tumeric is a bit safer as it would be less likely to overdose, and fewer side effects.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Hopefully my Maximus will be 100% again too.
With your excellent care I'm sure of that!
Get well soon Max! We love you! ♥ And I'm sending you a lot of positive and healing thoughts. :hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry about your injury @Maxsmom. Hope you will be fully recovered soon.

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
I just put tumeric in another omlette. Hope it gives even a little relief. Glad he is eating.

Thanks for additional well wishes and guidance. Can't wait for 7 am tomorrow morning to call the avian vet.

Last edited:

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
With your excellent care I'm sure of that!
Get well soon Max! We love you! ♥ And I'm sending you a lot of positive and healing thoughts. :hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4:
We love you too! Thank you

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I just put tumeric in another omlette. Hope it gives even a little relief. Glad he is eating.

Thanks for additional well wishes and guidance. Can't wait for 7 am tomorrow morning to call the avian vet.
Did you get him in somewhere?

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
Hi, thanks for asking. He doesn't seem to have anything broken, but he is badly bruised. He has fresh meloxicam now. I am very relieved my vet was available to see him today. He will be ok. He needs time to heal and I hope the meloxicam gets him comfortable soon. He is eating and able to get around his cage despite his discomfort.

I appreciate everyone's guidance and support.

Sorry for the delay in reporting back but I couldn't get on this site for awhile.

Last edited:

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Great that your vet could see him today and that it isn't broken.
Give him a kiss from me and tell him he has the best mom! ♥