• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A Things for Wings Christmas Rescue Rehome Story

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
OMG! This story is amazing and hilarious! Danita, how long do you think Pip was living in that barrel in your backyard? I can't believe he's still alive and yep, he's one lucky little guy to have been found and then to land in such a wonderful home! Go Pipi go!
3 years for sure! We got the barrel about 3 years ago and my neighbour gave me some little plants for it. He had fish in his pond, so, it just had to be from there. I didn't have anymore plants after that, they died pretty quick.

Wow! That is one lucky fish and a beautiful set up. So he won't be getting a friend?? :D
I bet Pip gets a friend :lol: that will be the only thing he doesn't have.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
This is a very lucky fish. First he survives for three years unnoticed, and then he gets an amazing new home with every luxury that a fish could ask for!

Matt

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Lol! That is a real comet mansion for sure :highfive: Yay Pip! :cantwait:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Wow. What a lucky fish and what an amazing set up he has. :)

SamatranTiger

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Wow! That is one lucky fish and a beautiful set up. So he won't be getting a friend?? :D
I'm on the fence about this whole getting him a friend! At this time, no friends for Pip!

Btw, that is fry coloring. So with goo light and the excellent diet he's on Pip will probably be changing color in the next 6 months.
I've questioned wether or not his coloration could be that of fry but I'm pretty certain he's past the fry stage and that his color will simply intensify rather than change but we will just have to wait and see! :)

JosienBB

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
When @SamatranTiger told me how much she spent on Pip, I was like :omg::faint:

I've been bugging her to get him a friend, too. Poor little guy, all alone in that massive tank.

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
Danita said he was black at first. Was he black from muck or why?
what color do you expect him to turn next?
I just know very little about fish, but that is a beautiful gleaming palace for him.

Jazzy*

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
abbie
wow what a awesome story!! that must have been a big surprise finding a fish in there lol

you have out done you self in getting him a new home that one large tank for a little fish! will you be getting him so friends?

SamatranTiger

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Danita said he was black at first. Was he black from muck or why?
what color do you expect him to turn next?
I just know very little about fish, but that is a beautiful gleaming palace for him.
He was dark dark brown due to lack of proper nutrition and insufficient lighting. Slowly but surely, he went from brown to golden in color and I expect that gold color to intensify. :)

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
He was dark dark brown due to lack of proper nutrition and insufficient lighting. Slowly but surely, he went from brown to golden in color and I expect that gold color to intensify. :)
Thanks for explaining.
I didn't know that would happen. Poor thing.
I'm glad he hung in there till he could be rescued and I bet he's amazed at his life now!
a rags-to-riches story

Kiwibird08

Jogging around the block
What a very fortunate fish! And goldfish can live quite a long time so I'm glad he found a permanent home (that is not a barrel!). That is just s crazy he went that long unnoticed and survived!