• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A nice day out with Echo

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
I was able to take Echo out today. We went downtown as the was a lady who works in a store who wanted to met him. I met her when was wearing this tshirt Crazy Screaming Cockatoo T-Shirt | Etsy my favorite new tshirt :hehepink:and we got talking about birds. She was really appreciate that I brought him down to see to her.

Echo so loves interacting people so he went on to about 5 or 6 people and we several groups of people who fascinated with him. Echo soaks up the attention :roflmao: When things slowed down mom and I grab something to eat and sat in outside patio and people weren't coming up to us as much he would say "Hello" loudly to anyone passing by. He definitely enjoys it when people stop to say hello to him.

I look forward to being able to take him out again, my little social butterfly :fairy2::giggle:

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
What a great way to spend a day! Sounds like everyone enjoyed themselves!!!

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Does Echo wear a harness for outings or is he just a very good boy?
He does wear harness. He really only flys when he spooks. Which isn't too often. But he's slowly flying further and further he does. I use to be comfortable with him without a harness on my property. But with him being able to fly a good 20 feet now I'm no longer comfortable with that. It's not so much that worry I couldn't get him back, it's more I worry he'd fly traffic or run in to a predator.

Zane on the other hand had a harness but I rarely use it. He literally flew like a rock so I never worried about the things I worry about with Echo. Birds who are like Zane who shred their wing feathers so much that they become useless for flight are the only birds I think are ok the without a harness IMHO :)

Last edited:

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
That's awesome that you can take him everywhere like that!
Yeah I really love being able to take him places. There's a former WPR bird named Iago, a M2 he reminds me so much of Zane :heart: , Anyways Iago has a Facebook page I follow and his owner takes him everywhere!! So I really inspired by them and I want to really start taking Echo out more and more :marlenesmile:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
What an amazing day! And to think, it all started with that wonderful shirt. :D

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Yeah I really love being able to take him places. There's a former WPR bird named Iago, a M2 he reminds me so much of Zane :heart: , Anyways Iago has a Facebook page I follow and his owner takes him everywhere!! So I really inspired by them and I want to really start taking Echo out more and more :marlenesmile:
take plenty of pics! I'd love to see Echo hitting the town!

MagpieDragon

Jogging around the block
Awesome shirt, and I'm glad you two had a good day out :)

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
What a great day! Love that T-shirt!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Wow, that sounds like an excellent day out.

I’d love to take Burt out more often (to places where he would see lots of new things) but there’s too many people with big dogs that seem to think that all strangers want these big dogs up close to them. I’m too scared that something might happen to Burt so I only take him out to places that I know there’s likely to be no other people around :(
It’s hard to keep a bird with such a long tail out of reach of kids or dogs when you’re as short as I am! Lol

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Wonderful day! So glad everyone enjoyed themselves!

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Wow, that sounds like an excellent day out.

I’d love to take Burt out more often (to places where he would see lots of new things) but there’s too many people with big dogs that seem to think that all strangers want these big dogs up close to them. I’m too scared that something might happen to Burt so I only take him out to places that I know there’s likely to be no other people around :(
It’s hard to keep a bird with such a long tail out of reach of kids or dogs when you’re as short as I am! Lol
Awww that sucks but I understand that. I'm lucky most people around here are really good about such things

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
We got out again today :) Originally we were going to go downtown but Echo spooked and started acting nervous. Too much traffic and weird objects like parking meters I think was setting him off. So I ditched that plan and headed to the park with a pit stop a pet store.

This pet store only sales supply and not animals. The staff there was happy to see him and we chatted about birds. The owner had an African grey. I had to see if I could get more pellets in for Echo. Which was why I stopped in. But the owner encouraged me be to stop in more offen with often with him as she enjoyed how social he was. :)

Then we were off the park. I found bench where we could watch people go by. Echo said hello to pretty much everyone who went by. Some people stopped to see him. An adorable little girl waved to him and blown him a kiss. He also saw a little boy and the boy was so good and calm he was able to pet him. I'm lucky the city I live in has a small town feel and everyone was really nice and polite with him. We spent about an hour sitting on the bench.

When we were leaving this lady with a cane got out a car, the car was in the roundabout part of the park. She must have been about 80. Anyway she called over to me to see if she could see Echo. So of course I walked over to her. She was very sweet and curious about Echo. She told me I made her day :) It's always wonderful to have experiences like that one.

We made our way home, up a hill that always kills me when I go up it. We were stopped one more time by some women in car. And I finally made it home where I a had a tall drink of water. I managed to snap a couple pictures at the park. They aren't the greatest as Echo can be a bit tricky to take pictures of outdoors.
20190527_141844.jpg 20190527_141842.jpg 20190527_141841.jpg 20190527_141820.jpg 20190527_141422.jpg 20190527_140901.jpg

Last edited:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
delightful day and lovely Echo! :heart:

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
Both days sound so lovely! I’m glad you guys get to spend so much time together, and outdoors at that! :D

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
He’s adorable and your day out sounds like it went great. I’m glad you had so many positive experiences and interactions. Can’t wait to hear about his next outing :)

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
We got out again today :) Originally we were going to go downtown but Echo spooked and started acting nervous. Too much traffic and weird objects like parking meters I think was setting him off. So I ditched that plan and headed to the park with a pit stop a pet store.

This pet store only sales supply and not animals. The staff there was happy to see him and we chatted about birds. The owner had an African grey. I had to see if I could get more pellets in for Echo. Which was why I stopped in. But the owner encouraged me be to stop in more offen with often with him as she enjoyed how social he was. :)

Then we were off the park. I found bench where we could watch people go by. Echo said hello to pretty much everyone who went by. Some people stopped to see him. An adorable little girl waved to him and blown him a kiss. He also saw a little boy and the boy was so good and calm he was able to pet him. I'm lucky the city I live in has a small town feel and everyone was really nice and polite with him. We spent about an hour sitting on the bench.

When we were leaving this lady with a cane got out a car, the car was in the roundabout part of the park. She must have been about 80. Anyway she called over to me to see if she could see Echo. So of course I walked over to her. She was very sweet and curious about Echo. She told me I made her day :) It's always wonderful to have experiences like that one.

We made our way home, up a hill that always kills me when I go up it. We were stopped one more time by some women in car. And I finally made it home where I a had a tall drink of water. I managed to snap a couple pictures at the park. They aren't the greatest as Echo can be a bit tricky to take pictures of outdoors.
View attachment 305599 View attachment 305600 View attachment 305601 View attachment 305602 View attachment 305603 View attachment 305604
Beautiful pictures and what a fun day out!