• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A nice day out with Echo

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I was finally able to get Echo out and about again today :) It was pirate day down at the park again and one of my brother's friends was going as a pirate. He going late in the day around 4pm when the crowds will jabe thinned out some. But Echo still drew crowds every now and then. At one point I had a bunch of kids lined up to have him on their arm. Him must of had been on more than 25 kids arms. From 2 or 3 years old to teens. The younger kids are my favorite. They're usually so timid with him and extremely gentle.

There was one girl who must have been around 8 who wanted a parrot of her own. At first her mom seemed entertaining the idea and was asking me questions. I find Echo so easy for the most part now. Her mom ask how much work parrots are and i was struggling to come with a good answer on the spot. I was like "well they're loud and messy and you need a big cage and you have to have them out alot." Then she asked how they compare to dog? I wasn't sure what to say so just said the well used statement that "They like having a toddler for life". Well that pretty much solidified that they were NOT get a parrot anytime soon! She quickly lost interest in Echo and was on her way. :D

There was one little kid who had to work up the courage to have Echo on his arm. He did well once Echo was on him. On way our way out the park we came across the same kid and his father asked if Echo could go on him again. The dad said it was all his son would talk about since he first time :D So of course I let him hold Echo again. That was a sweet moment.

I never have great pictures of when these things happen as I'm too focus on make sure things are going well for Echo to worry about pictures. Plus I'd feel weird about posting random kids holding Echo without their parents permission. I'm sure that's not always a courtesy that I get. Most people ask if its ok take pictures of Echo which I appreciate but there lots of people who don't. Anyway I did manage to some pictures of him outside before and after the park :)

20190831_154828.jpg 20190831_175109.jpg 20190831_175105.jpg

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Echo is such a sweetheart. ♥♥♥
He must be AA most well behaved Too?
And of course you don't should take pics in those situations so don't feel bad about that.
Today he sure gave all those kids something to talk about. :D

What does Echo do when he is on another arm?
Can they also touch him?
I'm so impressed that he seems to like/accept so many people, but I think that is a Too thing?

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
What does Echo do when he is on another arm?
Can they also touch him?
I'm so impressed that he seems to like/accept so many people, but I think that is a Too thing?
He can be petted :) Often times he preen himself when he's on someone new. I'm amazed how much he'll tolerate and accept from new people too. But he genuinely loves seeing and meeting new people.

Often times if he's not allowed to visit new people because they afraid of him or just aren't bird people he gets quite annoyed and even more determined to see them! Today my parents had some old friends who came by the house and he desperately wanted see them. But they a negative experience with parrots before meeting him so they were quite happy to look and admire him from afar. When we were all seating down, Echo was constantly trying crawl down my leg to floor so he could walk over and see them. He can be super annoying when that kind of thing happens. And if hes not trying to get to someone whose not keen on seeing then he'll be super talkative trying insert himself into the conversation! Lol He really is an attention hog that way!

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I love how social Echo is!:heart: It sounds like you both had a fun day, as well as making so many kids happy.:) I wish I could meet Echo. I would let him sit in me for hours!:xflove:

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I love how social Echo is!:heart: It sounds like you both had a fun day, as well as making so many kids happy.:) I wish I could meet Echo. I would let him sit in me for hours!:xflove:
Yeah it was a really great day. It always nice when people have such good experience with him and their kids. Lots of parents were really appreciative too. I love how happy Echo can make people.

I'm sure he would love you!! :heart: And be a big old suck with you too!! He does that with people he really likes :)

TikkiTembo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chelsea
Tikki also seems to gravitate towards people who are afraid of birds! Its amazing how many people don't share that they're afraid, even when I announce that I'm going to open the bird cages. Yesterday, my stepmom lost her mind, flailing around, screaming, and hid in the bathroom because Tikki attempted to land on her, but she's visited multiple times and has never mentioned a fear of birds! I had to lock Tikki up for his own safety! I'm interested to see how often they'll visit once we have Chipper the U2 here, though he's very shy, and probably won't be trying to visit with people for a while.

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Another pleasant day out. It was a pretty slow day for the amount of people out. But the people who did stop to say hello stay for quite a bit and some kept coming back :laugh:

One of the people was Bill an older gentleman who was quite smitten with Echo. Echo said "I love you" to him and Bill told me nobody told him "I love you" in 30 years! That was such a bittersweet moment. Broke my heart but also lifted it because it brought so much joy to him in that moment. Echo was really fond when he kept coming back Echo would want to go back up on him. :)

He also told me he had a stuff toy parrot that would had sensors in its eyes would tell you off when you walked by. He would tease me saying "I would tell you but I don't want to". I got the feeling he was of certain generation where you don't say such things in front of ladies ;)

He says he comes to the park almost every day. Since this is probably the last week that weather will be nice enough to take Echo out, I hope to get Echo out tomorrow and a 1 or 2 more days this week. And I hope to see Bill again too. He told me he's gonna stick his toy parrot in his trunk in case he sees me again. :D

There was more people who stopped by like a little boy who was oh so gentle with Echo :joyful: A dad you who was totally smitten with Echo, and his rambunctious daughter who constantly needed to be told to be gentle :confused: A lady who also want love on Echo so much :swoon: A pack of ex racing Greyhounds (like atleast 6 of them) one was particularly interested in Echo but his owners made sure he stay a good distance away :wideyed: An Australian lady who has seen all sorts Cockatoos in the wild and gets kangaroos in her backyard. Also she got to hold a fruit bat once too, I told her a was quite jealous :yes3: Some other people who had some experience parrot experience. And a girl who quite happy hold him as she had a green cheek :) And a tourist couple who Echo was quite smitten with the man. :smuggrin: Oh and there was also an one footed duck. :justducky:But I think Bill was definitely the Highlight of the day.:marlenesmile: I swear Echo spreads warm fuzzies wherever he goes.:cloud9:

Here's some pictures of today
20190916_145841.jpg 20190916_145856.jpg 20190916_145940.jpg 20190916_151819.jpg
One footed duck :( I felt bad for her but she seemed to get along just fine :)
20190916_155059.jpg
20190916_155040.jpg

And Bill and Echo:heart::joyful:
20190916_150613.jpg 20190916_150615.jpg

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Echo is such a good ambassador :heart: I love that its an enjoyable experience for everyone involved - wonderful :hug8:

Echo said "I love you" to him and Bill told me nobody told him "I love you" in 30 years!
:sad7: and :swoon: -- so many different feelings!

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
For every new thing you post about Echo I just love him more and more. ♥
And you also have a big loving heart for making all those people's day. ♥
I really hope you will see Bill again. :)

And adorable pics! ♥

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
The pictures of Echo outside are beautiful!:xflove: I love that he has so much fun bringing joy to people, especially people like Bill.:) That is so touching that nobody has told him they loved him in 30 years, until Echo came along.:heart::heart::heart: I hope Bill gets to see Echo again!

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
So I keep forgetting to update this thread. I got Echo out 3 more times since the last time I posted. We saw Bill 2 more times. First thing he said when I saw him again was "Give me that parrot" and Echo promptly got on his arm. He showed me his "talking parrot." He wasn't lying it does a have dirty mouth. I lasted like 5 seconds before I told him he turn it off. I wasn't anticipating how loud it was. :hehe: It definitely sweared up a storm which was abit embarrassing at a busy park:ashamed3:.

The last time we were at the park we didn't see Bill but we did have a good time. I met one of my mother's former volunteers. My mom use to run Victim Services. It was really nice talking to her. We also ran into other people who have seen in the park in the past too. We actually ran into some people we met before we got to park too.

One of my favorite interactions was with a little girl and her mom. Echo said "I'm Echo" to the little girl. And we talk for a little bit. When they were saying their good byes, the mom said to her daughter "Do you think we'll see other birds today?" The girl say point to the sky at a seagull. "They're not as cool" said the mom. "No, and they don't introduce themselves" said the girl. :hilarious:

Here some more pictures
Some flowers we saw on our way down 20190918_142854.jpg
20190918_142419.jpg
20190918_142334.jpg
Now Echo at the park :)
20190921_163137.jpg 20190921_163139.jpg 20190921_163147.jpg
20190921_170635.jpg
20190921_170640.jpg

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I would love to meet Echo someday. I'm in Cobourg.
Yeah that would be awesome!! I'm about 2 hours away. I remember talking to you about meeting up with you in PMs. I think things kinda got a bit hectic for this summer because of my brother's wedding. But maybe this fall or next summer we could meet up. That would be lovely :)

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I have warm fuzzies all over reading your thread. Echo is one special Too.... and you... are so kind and special for sharing such a beautiful experience with so many people!!

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I have warm fuzzies all over reading your thread. Echo is one special Too.... and you... are so kind and special for sharing such a beautiful experience with so many people!!
Awwww Thankyou!! I do like to say "Echo spreads warm fuzzies whenever he goes". :heart: It's so fun to share Echo with people. I love that he can brighten up someone's day!:marlenesmile:

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Echo must really brighten everyone’s day, and I love that little girls comment about him introducing himself.:heart: I would love to meet Echo!:xflove:

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
Yeah that would be awesome!! I'm about 2 hours away. I remember talking to you about meeting up with you in PMs. I think things kinda got a bit hectic for this summer because of my brother's wedding. But maybe this fall or next summer we could meet up. That would be lovely :)
I got sort of caught up with shoulder surgery, a Grand Daughters wedding and another next month. Been a hectic few months.

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I got sort of caught up with shoulder surgery, a Grand Daughters wedding and another next month. Been a hectic few months.
That's ok, I totally understand that. :) Hopefully we can figure at good time that will work. BTW How's your shoulder?