• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A nice day out with Echo

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
So peaceful! I'm glad y'all are able to enjoy being out and about.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Thanks everyone for your wonderful replies :) I was able to get out yesterday. It was a somewhat windy but Echo didn't seem to mind. I Echo interacted with a few people including 4 kids. He really likes kids. I think that might be because his first home was with a single mother. It was a good day I did get one older lady in a car give me a crazy bewildered look. Which was pretty funny

I got a few pictures :)
Echo in the wind
20190530_154153.jpg
20190530_154219.jpg

Here we are at a picnic table. Use a cloth bag to carry my phone and wallet as Echo has a thing about going after zippers. Anyway he decided to explore the bag.
20190530_163908.jpg
20190530_163914.jpg
20190530_164127.jpg

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
:sunflower: Your Echo updates make me happy - thank you!

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
My mom and I had a couple errands to run and since it was a nice day I decided to take Echo with us. First stop art supply and frames store. I'm getting this painting of Zane framed icm_fullxfull.190921348_3r75u1tp1akgoks4w0os.jpg We pick a nice blue frame and I'm excited to see how it look. When we left I was stopped by a man who admired Echo and told us seeing Echo made his day. :) I get that a lot when taking Echo out.:heart:

Next we went a local greengrocer. My mom went to get some groceries and I went the greenhouse to look the flowers. The girl worked there really liked Echo. And again say seeing him made her day :) I managed to get a couple of pretty good shots
20190612_174006.jpg
20190612_174004.jpg

And while we were waiting for my mom we saw a fox! He was really skinny and dark grey. He just pranced around the corner and kept going until he reached the road and disappeared. It was a busy road just ahead of him, so I hope he's alright. It was really cool to see him. The girl work there came and was like "did you just see that?" And we talked bit more and she petted Echo again. That was pretty much our adventure out :joyful:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I love that Echo has such a great time out sightseeing with you.
It’s a bonus that you give so many unsuspecting people a smile or something new to experience.

Love the pics of him, he looks so chilled out!! :heart:

Just this morning a massive bird of prey (not sure what type but bigger than Burt) landed in my backyard so I have nowhere to safely take Burt outside for the moment. These birds are everywhere near where I live.

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Just this morning a massive bird of prey (not sure what type but bigger than Burt) landed in my backyard so I have nowhere to safely take Burt outside for the moment. These birds are everywhere near where I live.
That's too bad :( We have birds of prey where I live but I only ever see them way way up in the sky. They're so far away I don't even know what they are. While seeing the fox startled me at first, he kept a fair distance away from us. Honestly I'd more concerned about dogs but people with dogs have always been really good about keeping their distance :)

Funny enough squirrels and a seagull have stop and stare at Echo like they're not sure what to make of him :lol:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
What great adventures you are having together. It's great that he is so well socialized so strangers can touch him. He is a really good boy that deserves a lot of treats. ❤❤❤

The painting of Zane is so beautiful, did you find the frame you wanted? :)

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
What great adventures you are having together. It's great that he is so well socialized so strangers can touch him. He is a really good boy that deserves a lot of treats. ❤❤❤
Yeah he such good boy, plus he loves the attention. He's really good to take out, he's patience when he needs to be, he usually lets me know he has to go potty and overall he's pretty easy to read to know how to keep him comfortable :)

The painting of Zane is so beautiful, did you find the frame you wanted? :)
Yeah I found a bright blue one, I think will look really great :)

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I can't wait to see it framed! And I'm glad Echo is having so many pleasant outings. :)

a massive bird of prey (not sure what type but bigger than Burt) landed in my backyard
Bigger than Burt? :faint: Could it have been a wedge- tailed eagle? I just looked up Australian birds of prey and it said they have wingspans of 1.8 to 2.3 meters! :omg: Search "wedge-tailed eagle size" and the pics of people holding them make a very impressive size reference. :scared2:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I can't wait to see it framed! And I'm glad Echo is having so many pleasant outings. :)

Bigger than Burt? :faint: Could it have been a wedge- tailed eagle? I just looked up Australian birds of prey and it said they have wingspans of 1.8 to 2.3 meters! :omg: Search "wedge-tailed eagle size" and the pics of people holding them make a very impressive size reference. :scared2:

It actually wasn’t a wedge tail eagle, they don’t often come very close to people but they are also in the area. Omg they can get very very big. I was lucky enough once to interact with one at a wildlife show and it was the highlight of my year!

I believe (from what I’ve been told) that it may have been a black tailed kite or something with a similar name. I’m hopeless at telling the raptors apart :xflove:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
It’s so great that you had another wonderful day out with Echo. I wish I could see you both, that would make my day too! Those are great photos of him though, so they will have to do!

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
It’s so great that you had another wonderful day out with Echo. I wish I could see you both, that would make my day too! Those are great photos of him though, so they will have to do!
I'd love to meet you and your Tiels too! I have such a soft spot for cockatiels :heart:Maybe one day? Until then pictures will have to do