• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

8 month old preggo cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
She is really beautiful! :heart: She reminds me of a cat I had years ago.

Lauren and Jack

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Lauren Watson
She really is beautiful! I pray she stays safe and healthy! Please let us know how things go.

ILoveTiels

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amanda T
**************************************UPDATE*****************************************

Chloe is verrrry intently cleaning her nether regions today. Her appetite seems to be down a little.

jeme3

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julie
Keep us posted! She sounds like she's getting close.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Kittens will be coming soon. Hope they are all fine. :)

ILoveTiels

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amanda T
me too. she is sneezing a lot and holding her mouth open. idk if she has upper resp issue or going into labor.... i know about the mouth open, but is it normal for a cat to sneeze during labor??

Tangle Elf

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
me too. she is sneezing a lot and holding her mouth open. idk if she has upper resp issue or going into labor.... i know about the mouth open, but is it normal for a cat to sneeze during labor??
I don't know if it's typical, but I know that labor sets your body completely out of whack. Females of all species do very strange things while in labor.

ILoveTiels

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amanda T
i think i will try getting her in today to be sure... :/ also try to find out how many kittens she will have so we will know when to expect labor to be complete.

Tangle Elf

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
i think i will try getting her in today to be sure... :/ also try to find out how many kittens she will have so we will know when to expect labor to be complete.
If she's that close, it might be best to just let her deliver. The stress of a vet trip could be bad for her at this time. When you make the appointment, ask if you can speak to the vet to determine if it's best to bring her in now or not.

ILoveTiels

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amanda T
they want her in today. just called. they agreed with needing to know her litter size in case a kitten gets lodged/ delivery stops. got 3 hrs til her appt.

lindsey88

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
lindsey
My cat opened her mouth and panted like that when she was about to go into labor as well as licked herself alot so I think that she is probably going to have them today. Good luck at the vet! Keep us updated.

Tangle Elf

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
How did the vet visit go? Did they say how many babies?

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
How are things going? Do you have a emergency vet lined up if your normal one isn't open during after hours? I know with my dog I was able to feel the babies in her belly and knew there was one more to be born yet. She ended up having the last one in the truck on the way to the emergency vet.:rolleyes:
Good luck! Fingers crossed everything goes well for the mama and babies.:hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.