• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

6 month year old blue front amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

henpecked

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Richard
Thank you for taking the time to keep us informed.Many people ask for advice and we don't hear back.We don't know if we've helped or not,or even fixed the problem. Thanks

gazzington

Strolling the yard
No problem at all. I am just grateful that people took time to give me advice. I have bought tons if books on amazons and parrots in general over last few weeks which have been useful but too be honest this forum has been more useful. I am going back to work in a days time and,am going to miss not being home with Luna all day.

Quest

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Judy
Gazzington you are making great progress!
Please keep us updated.:hug8:

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
If you think your going to miss her your out of touch shes going to miss you more when you get home for get your partner go right to your bird,,lol

she has to learn a hole new life style and just might act up this is to be expected mind you your prtner will have a chance to bond more while your gone and lena will have more feelings for you im sure

just dont be suprised if some changes take place good and bad just go with the flow slow,,lol

happy work day hugssssss doll

gazzington

Strolling the yard
Hi everyone. •I took Luna to the avian vet today to get her checked over. •It went very well, all clear health wise and he was very impressed with how friendly she was and how easy she was to handle. •I have got her used to towels and she takes baby food from a syringe ready for if she needs medicines. •He said that she is a wonderfully balanced amazon. •One thing though she is a he. •Yeah I am daddy to a male hot 3. •Weirdly a month or so ago this would terrify me but I am fine with it now. •Their body language is so wonderfully expressive and all you people's help has been amazing. •I can with my whole heart say that I love amazons and am so glad that I got him. •I expect challenges as he grows up but I know that it is totally worth it :)

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
Hi everyone. •I took Luna to the avian vet today to get her checked over. •It went very well, all clear health wise and he was very impressed with how friendly she was and how easy she was to handle. •I have got her used to towels and she takes baby food from a syringe ready for if she needs medicines. •He said that she is a wonderfully balanced amazon. •One thing though she is a he. •Yeah I am daddy to a male hot 3. •Weirdly a month or so ago this would terrify me but I am fine with it now. •Their body language is so wonderfully expressive and all you people's help has been amazing. •I can with my whole heart say that I love amazons and am so glad that I got him. •I expect challenges as he grows up but I know that it is totally worth it :)
whT WONDERFULL WORDS TO HEAR FROM YOU AND THE VET BUT MORE FROM YOU YOU SHURE LEARNED FAST amazons ARE great to have owned us >>lol AS YOU FOUND OUT PLEASE DONT STOP POSTING YOU BRIGHTEN OUR DAY
IM VERY PROUD OF YOUR PROGRESS NOT ONLY DID YOUR BOY COMEA LONG WAYS YOU SURE HAVE

DID YOU GOING BACK TO WORK HELP OR HINDER IM BETTING IT HELPED

ALL FOR NOW IM ON A NOTHER COMP AND CANT SEE WORDS TO GOOD PRINTING IS TO SMALL BUT HAD TO COME GIVE YOU A PAT ON THE BACK YOUR DOING GREAT

HUGSSSSSSS DOLL

gazzington

Strolling the yard
Hi everyone. Going back to work was hard for him at first I think. He does get really excited when i arrive home and wants cuddles straight away :) I then do some training with him and let him have his evening meal while we eat ours. He is out for quite a few hours with us. In the morning before work I take him to his play gym in the spare room for a change of scenery. On weekends, I have been taking him out in the car to visit my parents in law. He loves going out in the car :) He loves listening to music but we do have to careful handling him with music on as he does have a tendency to get slightly over excited! Does anyone recommend good books about amazons? I have a couple but am always keen to learn more :)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I know nothing about zons but sounds like you made some amazing progress!!!

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hi everyone. •I took Luna to the avian vet today to get her checked over. •It went very well, all clear health wise and he was very impressed with how friendly she was and how easy she was to handle. •I have got her used to towels and she takes baby food from a syringe ready for if she needs medicines. •He said that she is a wonderfully balanced amazon. •One thing though she is a he. •Yeah I am daddy to a male hot 3. •Weirdly a month or so ago this would terrify me but I am fine with it now. •Their body language is so wonderfully expressive and all you people's help has been amazing. •I can with my whole heart say that I love amazons and am so glad that I got him. •I expect challenges as he grows up but I know that it is totally worth it :)•​
I really like hearing your updates.You are doing a great job.here's some sites I've saved.
Talking Green Parrot - Amazon Parrot Information
Untitled Document
a few other recipes and things I've saved for Hiram over the years.
Paprika and cayenne are also high in vitamin A, tasty, and easy to sprinkle on food.
Dark leafy greens are also a good source of vitamin A. Booster is good. You can also buy organic Red Palm Oil.
Check list
for vegetables
high in Vitamin A

carrots with tops
yams
hot & chili peppers
dandelion greens
collard greens
sprouts
kale
spinach
pumpkin
squash
sweet potato
turnip greens
Swiss chard
mustard greens
broccoli
escarole/chicory
beet greens
bok choy

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Originally Posted by gazzington
... She does a weird thing when she goes hyper of twisting her head at weird angles, eyes going crazy and making strange noises and fluffing her head. Looks a little crazy, but I also know not to touch her when she is in that mood! I am getting the hang of her body language :) Does anybody elses amazon do some of these weird movements?
Hiram does the samething sometimes.....they look like raging lunatics:lol:
One good thing about zons is body language is so easy to read.

gazzington

Strolling the yard
Hi everyone. Everything is going well, although he seems to be happy playing with me but can get a bit rough with my partner. She said that he was quiet at home all day but when she took him out in the car to pick me up from work he got very excited when he saw me. I take it that it is a good idea for her to play more with him with me in a different room? The other thing is I was wondering if anyone has advice on air purifiers. I decided to help keep air quality good in my house for both humans and birds to buy a air purifier. I bought it from a bird supplier company in uk. It says that it works by using electrostatic filtration system. I then read in places on the internet that only HEPA ones are safe. I have not yet used it other than just to test that it works. Is this safe to use with my birds? It is by a company called trion.

Status
Not open for further replies.