• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

(3/2 Update #91) Excessive regurgitation, AKA throwing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
I'm so sorry that he's still ailing (but fighting thank goodness)

Could the browning of his feathers be a form of stress bars from illness and losing weight??? When I first took CC into the vet (after that whole "mailing") the vet pointed out the stress bars and that his "quaker green areas" were a muddy color(brownish). This the vet said was from a past serious illness. I looked it up when I was home and read tha it was related to a sudden lack of nutrition.

Gimli , you are a sweetie please get well.

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
he is such a cutie. I hope your vet(s) can figure out what is going on. So frustrating when you've done the testing and don't come up with something definitive :(

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Sarah, he's smaller than my Goffin. Way smaller than DYHs! He is underweight, but not skin and bones, at least not yet, I'm working hard at keeping a little meat on him.

Thanks Pat for that info. That's one of the things (sudden loss of nutrition) I was worried about, the other was an illness that is associated with this. So far even my vet can't think of any that brown feathers. I think it may be from him being so ill.

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
thinking about the brown feathers - I have seen this in some of my amazons that had been on antibiotics for an extended time. They did molt them out but I have to wonder if the meds sometimes affect them like that even though they are necessary to treat a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.