• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

You will eat it and you will like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Yesterday, Ella decided to strike against fresh mashie. She has decided all she wants is nutriberries or sunflower seeds :eek:

Today marks the first day of battle. I have removed all of the "snacky" items I leave in for Ella such as nutriberries to forage for, and of course, no sunflower seed treats! :whip:
Her response? She promptly screamed and tossed most of the mash out of the dish and looked at me, quite pointedly, as though to say "Where is my REAL breakfast mom?" :glare:
I gave her a little more mash, and then I took the nutriberries I had set out for their playtime and gave them to Archie, and asked Paul to spoon some fresh mash and some carrots I'd diced up instead. :laughing13:

We'll see how she takes to this. Somebirdie has gotten a little spoiled, I think. Meanwhile, Archie continues to happily eat whatever I put in his cage. He LOVES his mashie. :rolleyes:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yesterday, Ella decided to strike against fresh mashie. She has decided all she wants is nutriberries or sunflower seeds :eek:

Today marks the first day of battle. I have removed all of the "snacky" items I leave in for Ella such as nutriberries to forage for, and of course, no sunflower seed treats! :whip:
Her response? She promptly screamed and tossed most of the mash out of the dish and looked at me, quite pointedly, as though to say "Where is my REAL breakfast mom?" :glare:
I gave her a little more mash, and then I took the nutriberries I had set out for their playtime and gave them to Archie, and asked Paul to spoon some fresh mash and some carrots I'd diced up instead. :laughing13:

We'll see how she takes to this. Somebirdie has gotten a little spoiled, I think. Meanwhile, Archie continues to happily eat whatever I put in his cage. He LOVES his mashie. :rolleyes:
Aw, Archie sounds like such a sweetie. I hope Ella is not as stubborn about her food as Elvis :eek:

Lex123

Rollerblading along the road
I am in the same boat as you! I've been trying to get KeeWee to stop it with the seeds and Nutri-Berries, too. He will not eat pellets, fresh food, or any type of mash :(

I wish both of our stubborn fids would act more like Archie!

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I think that they go through stages. Squeeky has gone through stages where he will only want to eat pellets or only want to eat seeds but luckily he got over it. Keep offering her all the foods and I am sure she will get over it as well :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
It sounds like you will have some rough meal times!

Matt

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
haha, my fids do that sometimes too, LOL! They all LOVE birdy bread and birdy mash, the key to them eating the birdy bread is me putting a few sunflower seeds in it and a can of pureed pumpkin (they go crazy for that, haha)

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Your guy sounds like Hiram..Hiram is on a strike against his pellets.I crumble them in the food processor and add them to birdie bread or mash.But he wont eat them on his own.Alot of fruits hes decided to strike against also and not eat.He never liked bananas and this morning he ate a slice.go figure.He did eat some home made oatmeal this morning too.

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Your Ella sounds like my Mikey... I think its hysterical when they revolt again us.. Just like little children do-LOL. I had a heck of time switching him over to pellets vs seeds.. But just little by little more pellets, a little less seeds.. Now he eats his pellets like a good boy... Keep us posted on the outcome! :)

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
My morning update from Paul:
Instead of my walls being a very cheerful lime green, aqua and lavendar, they are now lime green, aqua, lavendar, and mash-speckled. :eek::mad:

He then went on to tell me that he broke down and gave her a few nutriberries, because when he went in to say good morning to her, she was " violently agitated" and "it was obvious what she wanted". :tomatothrow:
Day 1 Battle: Ella 1, Natalie 0.
But there is still the afternoon yet, in which I do NOT intend to be so indulgent. :rpg10: Ready for ROUND TWO!

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
And yes, Archie has his "moments", but Ella makes him look like a heaven-sent angel on a daily basis! :angel2: He is my little lover boy, love him to itty bitty pieces!

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:hehe: Sounds like she has Paul wrapped around her little talon. She is simply going through a seed junkie withdrawal. You guys need to be just as stubborn as she is.:)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
How was Round 2?

Matt

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Round 2:
Ella 2, Natalie 0
She wouldn't eat ANYTHING. She has to be starving. Stubborn little brat :rolleyes:

But, this morning she was seeming a little more hungry, and therefore reasonable. I mixed some papaya, and golden 'obles in with her mashie this morning, and she seemed content to eat it, even if she was trying to pick around the mash. Archie, as always, just dove right in and started chowing like he's never seen food before...he's now a hefty 145g, when he was maintaining a medium of 138g back at our old place :omg:. Boy loves his food, thats for sure.

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
haha, that is so funny, LOL! The conures and cockatiels eat their mash/rice/birdy bread like they have not had food in about 3 days, haha! I gave them a big bowl of rice this AM and I went to check on them about 10 mins after I gave them the rice and the whole bowl was totally empty, LOL!

Lex123

Rollerblading along the road
Oh, well you are having better luck with Ella, than me with KeeWee. Today all I gave him was pellets. If he doesn't even try them, I will give him something different for dinner :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am glad that she was more willing to be reasonable!

Matt

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
I am glad that she was more willing to be reasonable!

Matt
Methods of persuasion :) She loves those golden 'obles....;)

Oh, well you are having better luck with Ella, than me with KeeWee. Today all I gave him was pellets. If he doesn't even try them, I will give him something different for dinner :)
Yikes! I'm hoping KeeWee will soon see the light of just how delicious pellets can be...

haha, that is so funny, LOL! The conures and cockatiels eat their mash/rice/birdy bread like they have not had food in about 3 days, haha! I gave them a big bowl of rice this AM and I went to check on them about 10 mins after I gave them the rice and the whole bowl was totally empty, LOL!
:omg: I know! Archie eats like I starve him, but he gets 3 meals a day, plus has food available in his cage all day that he can forage! But you should seem him when I bring him a bowl of food in the morning, you would think by his antics that it had been WEEKS since he last saw food. He rushes to the door and starts flapping his wings and dancing back and forth in the most dramatic display...:rolleyes:

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
:hehe: Sounds like she has Paul wrapped around her little talon. She is simply going through a seed junkie withdrawal. You guys need to be just as stubborn as she is.:)

It's almost pathetic Saemma. He continually says "She's not my bird!" and "I'm not a bird person". But then he's in there when he gets home from work crooning to her and giving her little bits of fruit and letting her make love to his neck...:lol:

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
NEW TACTIC!
Only mashie is available in the mornings now, and Little Miss Ella has no choice but to eat that until about 10:00, when she is offered pellets. Muahahaha.
Day toomanytocount: Ella has tossed the mash around in defiance, while Archie hurriedly gobbles his up.

Status
Not open for further replies.