• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

"You & Me" Natural Wood Perches?

budgelove

Meeting neighbors
Hello again!

Did anyone purchase the "You & Me" brand (from Petco) before? They have good reviews and the prices are cheaper than natural wood perches I see on general sites like Amazon and Walmart, and also bird specific sites like My Safe Bird Store and Planet Pleasures. Maybe it's just me over worrying but I keep thinking there's a catch, like the quality isn't as good as the more expensive natural wood perches online. I'm aiming for a variety: there's a few products I'm getting from Amazon, a couple from Planet Pleasures and several from Little Monsters and wondering if a few You & Me would be good to add in for my future budgie pair.

So did anyone ever buy such natural wood perches from "You & Me?" :o: How were the perches?
Thanks again in advance :)

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
can you include a link or pic of the specific ones you are disscussing?

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have some of them and haven’t had any problems.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
You & Me is the house brand for Petco. Store brand is almost always cheaper than the national brands as the profit margins are different. They are often produced by a national brand under the Petco label for a better discount, so they are able to sell them cheaper.

All Living Things from Petsmart is the same way.

budgelove

Meeting neighbors
can you include a link or pic of the specific ones you are disscussing?

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Tbh they seem very nice and I don’t see any differences, I might actually get the manzanita one cuz that is a really good deal for the price,

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My cages are full of the the natural fir perches. I really like them and went on a day long adventure collecting them from every somewhat local Petco. When you buy them online there is pretty big difference in the sizes that are called 3/4. I was worried about that but have now been convinced that a wide variety of sizes are the best choice for feet anyway.

TrueBlue

Strolling the yard
I have the 3/4 in. fir. The diameter is huge when you see it in person. But it works well for my lovebirds. I also have the smaller hardwood perch too, not the multi-branch one.

For any of the branch perches at petco or petsmart, be aware that the actual shapes and angles will all be different. So if you order online, you'll get something random that you may end up not liking in your cage. So definitely best to check it out at the store. Some also have cracks in the branches. Another thing to keep in mind, online prices can be significantly cheaper than the in-store prices. At least it's like that where I live.

Screenshot_20210201-183029.jpg
20210201_183657.jpg

JewellBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Miranda
I have both of the two perches that you linked and I have many other ones that are made by You and Me from Petco too. I haven't had any issues with them and they have been sturdy and withstood being wiped down daily and washed off frequently without any problems.