• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Willow’s thread

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
The smoke is bad again the last couple of days. But better than earlier in the month. Still, I’m not taking birds outside for sun.

Willow is on his basket getting cuddles up against my cheek. He loves to be held under my right hand while my thumb rubs his jaw or head.

he has been stepping up nicely from inside his cage but still may sneak in a pinch. He reminds me of a cat sometimes. Except I can hear him talking (?) in his cage in the morning. Wish I could tell what he’s saying or that he’d talk in front of me!

Last edited:

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Such a cutie! I’m glad the smoke is a bit better at least.

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
I was having time with jasper and then Willow got all wound up. It’s near his bedtime so I thought I’d pick him up before he retires to crabbiness.
We went for a walk around the building and the front door is finally open! So we went for a walk and got photos by the justice center.
Here is Willow looking handsome next to the side planter. F2C9AF8B-E5BE-4077-8CA9-C0F4B2A5D42B.jpeg EC546546-B079-4285-A5A1-257A3315A3C0.jpeg
We will wind down Willows evening with some bird videos and snuggles, and then out comes Jasper for bird videos and head scratches.

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
I agree! I tell him all the time how handsome he is.

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Willow has been putting his foot out to step up for me from inside his cage! What a good boy! I’m grateful that I am allowed to touch his cage now.

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Willow got his afternoon snuggle time today. I was in the living room near his cage, petting Jasper. And Willow very clearly said “good” when I was telling Jasper what a good girl she is.

he CAN talk. I wish he would choose to talk more often.

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Willow is having his afternoon time out. He’s recovered from yesterdays Grouchiness and is being a love bug. I’m so lucky he’s a cuddly bird. 75947462-8407-4E70-A108-FB0EC59F8774.jpeg

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Willow must sit on his basket handle and lean in to rest on my face. He wants to do this for at least 30 min a day. P
81D67F73-BC29-4B4A-9E46-518BF27EBF86.jpeg

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Willow has been grumpy for the past few days as my migraines have been very bad. Right now he’s on his basket, on my lap enjoying an avicake. I hope he will allow some snuggles.
Finally I will have my head and neck botox to prevent migraines this afternoon. It’s a couple weeks late and my neck has been really messed up for a few weeks. This is so concerning!!
No, Willow is still mad at me for sleeping all weekend. He’s giving some pretty hard punishment bites. They’re not a tearing bite but just a really sharp pinch. How can I make it up to him?

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Willow and I have made up and he’s out for his afternoon bird time. He saw a box of mini wheat cereal and decided he MUST have his very own piece.

FD295F52-648D-4539-B680-66CFBDF0CA6C.jpeg

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm sorry you suffer with migraines! Has the Botox treatment helped? Or will it take time to know the answer to that...

Your sweet blue boy will understand when you can't always spend 1 on 1 time with him!

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
I added some practices to decrease my neck and jaw tension (wearing a mouth guard to prevent grinding my teeth) and I’m doing much better now. Thank you.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Willow gorgeous :heart:

sorry you suffer as a suffer too I feel your pain only thing that’s helped me is having coil in still get them odd times though

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Thank you!! Willow is such a good boy.

today I came to get him out and thought it was 6:30. I put my hand inside his cage and he lifted his foot to step up. But once out willow did not want his treat or to be pet. I could not make him happy! A bit later I looked at the screen on my phone and saw it was really 7:30, not 6:30.

Willow goes to bed at seven pm and doesn’t like to be bothered later though he will blow kisses if I walk near his cage. So he was so kind as to step up EVEN THOUGH he didn’t really want to come out. He waited until I got it through my thick head that he wanted to go to sleep.

once I figured out the time was different than I thought I asked him if he wanted to go night night and brought him back to his cage. He hopped up in the door and ran in and then blew a kiss. I put his rejected avicake in his food dish for a late night or morning treat. What a polite bird!

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
And yes, the Botox does help. Usually it helps right away after the (25) injections but this time my neck and jaw was so messed up I had to take extra steps to calm my muscles down. It didn’t help right away and I was afraid it would not work any longer.
but after using my bite guard as I am supposed to, and foam cervical collar to test my neck Muscles, my migraines are again much better.
I go back in about 8 weeks for shizzs again. So much better than having terrible migraines daily, as I did as an undergraduate. I don’t know how I kept my grades decent but I’m so appreciative that botox is available. The only medication I tried gave me enormous kidney stones which I still have residual of.

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm sorry you've had to endure all that. I'm glad you found something that works for you. My father has migraines, and the only thing that seems to help him is quiet, darkness, and very strong pain killers that essentially knock him out.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I'm sorry you've had to endure all that. I'm glad you found something that works for you. My father has migraines, and the only thing that seems to help him is quiet, darkness, and very strong pain killers that essentially knock him out.
Only thing that helps me and Vicks on my temples chest can’t do strong painkillers though heat pack on my neck

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Honestly the botox kills the nerves that make the muscles spasm and I think interferes with the veins getting wonky too. it’s so much better than taking meds that make me dull and stupid and tired. I have taken some horrible meds and I’d rather do botox every 3 months while I look at bird photos and have an anxiety med to help me tolerate it.
Yoga and PT and learning to have correct posture have helped so much. And getting a cracked tooth fixed. Anything is better than losing days to migraines.

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
“The thinker”
1694140940402.jpeg

Someday I will figure out how to get the photos rightside up.

Willow is a strange and thoughtful little bird. You can practically see the wheels turning in his head.