• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Which Birds are Social Birds?

DaBirdMan

Strolling the yard
i have been hearing that from a lot of people so maybe i will look into adopting a older bird :)

BluJay

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jay [he/him]
Rescue birds are the best. Sometimes the breed will pick you. I suffer from horrible migraines but a sweet conure chose me. I was actually looking for a Senegal or Pionus!!! He knows when I'm not feeling good and actually is a really quiet bird (not saying conures are but mine is). He talks in a soft voice, quacks, makes small breeps, and clicks.

DaBirdMan

Strolling the yard
that sounds so sweeet will deffenetly look into it thanks for the info

Fickle

Strolling the yard
Cockatiels and Rosy Bourkes are both social sweet birds if socialized well and tamed. I adore them ♥

DaBirdMan

Strolling the yard
Cockatiels are now number one at the top of my list but i still have al lot more research to do on them, but they sound amazing! :D

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Yeah sorry i dont want a teeny tiny bird but with the cockatoo suggestion although they are incredible social im no looking to getting a big sized bird either. I am going to stick with cockatiel as numberone on my birld list for right now cause i do love them they used to be number 2 bu now seeing that they are way more socail than pionus they have become number one. Also i dont want a little baby but not a 5 year old adult somewhere between the two and thanks yall so much for helping me out here!! ;)
Keep in mind cockatiels can live into their twenties and older. My tiel Rosie is 33. So, 5 is still young for a tiel. :)