• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Whats your unrealistic dream bird?

GoldenAves

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Luciano (Luc)
hmm for me would be any kind of corvid or a red tailed cockatoo!

I would name them Shining (Corvid) or Andromeda (Red Tailed Cockatoo)!
I woudn't really do it since money, time, experience + I rather they stay out in the wild :)

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Greys are incredible but any bird more intelligent than a conure scares me a lot. Now I think conures are very smart too but they don't often suffer from it and pluck etc. Greys cockatoos and macaws seem to have an intelligence type which is often detrimental to their psyche in captivity
Same I dont think I would ever own anything bigger than a conure/Quaker even Indian ringnrecks would be questionable there was one for sale £50 in my area cage was a right state

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
Toco Toucan!
Unrealistic because I don't believe there's a single one in Australia, not to mention there's not enough known about their care for me to be able to commit to one.
Also for some strange reason I want a Great Billed Parakeet.
And any kind of macaw is unrealistic for me because I am committed to Old world parrots now and for the foreseeable future.

Kiwi's Dad

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
I’d love a golden conure :gold: but the price:arghh: (5,000–7,000) I’m also committed to old world parrots!

WinniePooh

Walking the driveway
Real Name
None of your business :)
I'm so surprised that so many of the birds you guys are saying are native to Australia and live in my backyard :lol:
I would probably have a macaw or an umbrella cockatoo, they are just SO intelligent!!!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
A budgie called Pretty Bird.

This is my unrealistic dream bird as we were a perfect fit for each other and all each other had but he died many years ago and we all know that once a living being is dead that is it! - still saddens me terribly to this day to think how his life was cut short and how he spent his last moments without me there to protect him.
His death seriously altered my life and really hit hard, hard enough to still make me sad and tearful today.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

MnGuy

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I hope one day your dream comes true
It won't & I'm okay with that. Like I said, life is full of choices. I chose budgies & will later choose a canary. :)

A budgie called Pretty Bird.

This is my unrealistic dream bird as we were a perfect fit for each other and all each other had but he died many years ago and we all know that once a living being is dead that is it! - still saddens me terribly to this day to think how his life was cut short and how he spent his last moments without me there to protect him.
His death seriously altered my life and really hit hard, hard enough to still make me sad and tearful today.
I'm very sorry. I understand how special budgies are. Pretty Bird sounds like a lovely budgie. :sorrow:

Spearmint

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
I've always adored toucans, and as much as i'd love to own one, I know for a fact I can not handle one. I do however work with some toucans at my job! They bite super hard. Either that or a Dusky Lorikeet. They're stunning, but once again, I can't handle their levels of excitement, plus their body language is so strange :lol:

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
I do however work with some toucans at my job!
Your job? Where in Aus is there a Toucan?? I so want to see a real live toucan!

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
I thought some of the Zoos had them?
None of the zoos I've been to have! (Not that I've been to a whole heap) I actually looked it up once cause I really wanted to see one.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
id have a hawkhead conure, met some briefly in person and so loved them!
I love the golden conures but after listening to videos of them vocalizing a lot......it have to be when I had a lovely aviary so I could get a break .
I would have a grey, and I could have one ive pet sat for who's well over 60...but we just aren't a personal match...and my life and my flock and my$$ aren't match

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
id have a hawkhead conure, met some briefly in person and so loved them!
I love the golden conures but after listening to videos of them vocalizing a lot......it have to be when I had a lovely aviary so I could get a break .
I would have a grey, and I could have one ive pet sat for who's well over 60...but we just aren't a personal match...and my life and my flock and my$$ aren't match
Hawkhead conure? Pic please

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Hawkhead conure? Pic please
Argh never mind- it is just a hawkhead... I have not heard them called hawkhead conure so of course I thought it was another type of hawkhead lol

I do love hawkheaded parrots- we never hear from camelotshadow or get pics of her Penny anymore :( We do have some other members with them but they also hardly ever post.