• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What's wrong with my conure?

Morgruff

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Jay
He's has been having issues with flying. He was born with two different shaped eyes/eyelids so I imagine there could be something wrong within his head. I'm 70% sure it's neurological but I could be wrong. He flies very slow and when he does, he makes slight noise as if he's injured or something is threatening him. He doesn't fly on his own unless he's scared. He has a hard time landing, and when he does he seems very disoriented and dizzy. His body wobbles around, he can't perch, his legs become stiff, and he pants a LOT. Audiably. Even after he's recouped and calm, he'll randomly pant for a minute and then stop, then continue, and stop again. This doesn't happen unless he freaks out and flies, and I can never tell what spooked him, if something did. I really want to figure this out in case it's something fatal. This only happens occasionally when I take him out of his cage. He's 3 and has been doing this since he learned to fly.

Attachments

MiniMacaw

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Has he seen an avian vet? Unfortunately there’s so many possible causes to every symptom, there’s no way to know what’s happening until a vet has a look.