• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What to feed when pellets are finished?

mybluebirb

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mk
Hi!
I realised parrot only had a few pellets left in the packet so I ordered some more but it’ll take a few days (maybe 3) to arrive so what can I feed her in the meantime? The pellets left in the packet will only last a day and I feel so bad that I didn’t order any earlier :(

I will be feeding her the usual carrots, cucumbers, lettuce, melon and some other fruits and vegetables but what else can I feed her to make sure her tummy is full? Does anyone know a healthy nutritional diet / pellet alternative that I can give her until her pellets come?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Up the amount of fresh foods and sprouts you are offering, you can add in other fresh things like freshly cooked rice or pasta, chickpeas, lentils, barley (what ever grains/beans you might have in you home, just cook them up)- I personally would just up the variety of foods you offer and offer much much more of it along with a decent amount of whatever foods you do know your bird will eat.

@Mizzely will be probably be able to give you a good idea of what to offer. Whatever you offer you need to know is something your bird will def eat.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Even seeds is okay for a few days :) I would do like Shez recommended - grains, veggies, etc.

mybluebirb

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mk
Up the amount of fresh foods and sprouts you are offering, you can add in other fresh things like freshly cooked rice or pasta, chickpeas, lentils, barley (what ever grains/beans you might have in you home, just cook them up)- I personally would just up the variety of foods you offer and offer much much more of it along with a decent amount of whatever foods you do know your bird will eat.

@Mizzely will be probably be able to give you a good idea of what to offer. Whatever you offer you need to know is something your bird will def eat.
Thank you! I’ll definitely up the amount of foods I usually give to her. Do you know how much rice/pasta/chickpeas she can have? I usually only give her a bit as a treat because I didn’t think it was that healthy for her. She’s an indian ringneck who gained a bit of weight this past month so I never give her too much.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
The reality is that any food is better than no food. I don't give a ton of rice or pasta either but if my bird had no other food, I would not be terribly concerned about the ratios for a few days time.

mybluebirb

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mk
The reality is that any food is better than no food. I don't give a ton of rice or pasta either but if my bird had no other food, I would not be terribly concerned about the ratios for a few days time.
Good news! The pellets will be delivered tomorrow so she won’t have a day without any pellets!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder