• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What kind of relationship do you think you have with your avian companion?

What kind of relationship are you in?

• Parrontal

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Friendship

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Significant Other

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Co-Inhabitor

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Passive-Aggressive

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Aggressive-Aggressive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Passive-Passive

• Business (breeding)

• Other

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters

lpolliard

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Leroy
And what kind of relationship does your avian companion think he/she has with you?

Chico must think I am his SO.
:heart: + :eek:

GlassOnion

Biking along the boulevard
I think Apple and Bmo see me as another flock member, but they seek me when they're looking for yummy things:cool:
Ruby sees me as her bff (not old enough to be SOs yet..), her source of love and attention.

lpolliard

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Leroy
I think Apple and Bmo see me as another flock member, but they seek me when they're looking for yummy things:cool:
Ruby sees me as her bff (not old enough to be SOs yet..), her source of love and attention.
Flock member...I missed that one.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mine vary greatly here, but my main gal Zoe calls me "best friend" so I checked "friendship." :)

Bailey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bailey
Well I have 2 that I am friends with, 1 that is strictly parrontal, and another who I would consider co-inhabitor.

bicmeister

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Bichlien
i think chaucer thinks of me as food provider, cleaner, and trainer...though flockmate is a close second

Mrcrowley

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jim
I think I would have to say more of a equal with my Pio's and a parront with my Conures

cupoftea

Real Name
Anna
Well, as of now it's friendship... hopefully that will last, but Zazu's just a baby so that may change...

Lyzzi

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Lyzzi
I am Cherry's girlfriend(My husband shares SO well, LOL!), and Bolt's mama. I think poor Maven just thinks of me as an instrument of torture. She hates her baths after feeding. :D

Feather

Avenue Veteran
A lot of variation here, but I checked "friendship."

Zyda - Would probably have said SO in her eyes, but ever since she and Row paired off I've been reduced to "friend." :p
Skylin - SO
Rowan - Passive-aggressive/parrontal
Starburst - Friendship/aggressive-aggressive
Finbar, Tangle, Dmitri - Co-inhabitor
Swan, Katara, Anica - Friendship
Norman - friendship/parrontal

Buckbeak

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
I LIKE to think that Buckbeak looks at me as his mommy. He definitely knows that certain adorable things get him yummy things only from me, not my grandma, so I'm sure he is able to distinguish between his relationship with me and his with her.

I treat him like my baby, so I'm sure that skews my ideas a lot :D

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
WE are all faithful servants and companions except for Sam and she is my hubby's mate..

JAM

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Varies with our FIDs

With the lovies it's business/slave, I clean, feed and water them and they choose whether or not I am worthy of some attention as a result. :D
M-Star has decided I am her bestie, not so much a mate, but definitely bonded enough that she is jealous of anyone who comes near and will vehemently protect me and warn people/others off.
Millow wants friendship with everyone, he's your typical bubba bird and loves everyone. :)
Blue, she's a different story, I am definitely her SO and she is determined to breach all laws of nature and procreation to create parrohumans without the use of any males whatsoever! :eek:
Red's relationship with me is changing, he seems to be turning me (or more to the point my hand :rolleyes:) into his SO.

tozie12

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
beth
most of mine see me as a close flockmate or mate.... except twiggy, who just tolerates my presence because i'm the food lady. :rolleyes:

but caleb and skittles most DEFINITELY consider me a mate... i firmly believe its more a lack of options than an actual choice.
i believe marley sees me more as a parent, but he's the only one i've had since he a youngster.

ollie... i think he sees me more of a flockmate... but a special flockmate. not quite mate but more important than next door neighbor.

since two outta five see me as mate, i choose S.O. in the poll but really because i have more than one bird, more than one answer applies. ;)

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Hmm, I would probably say more so a close flock mate, however, with Sambo it is Aggressive-Aggressive.

Mrs. Trout

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Rachel
It certainly varies:

Keahi - Best Friends
Gimel - Significant Other
Fenway - Chew Toy :lol:

friendlyreesy

Sprinting down the street
I think Sherby thinks of me as his mate

Merlin things of me as her competitor for Kath's attention. She gets jealous I think.

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
Baylee defitnetly see me as her SO....even tho sometimes she acts like If she were my daughter lol...ie she doesnt always obey me and then she starts regurgitating :huh: So it is SO/ parrontal...

Kiwimommy

Walking the driveway
I am the great and terrifying food giver..:lol: I picked Co-inhabitor. At this very moment my birds all just tolerate my existence.