• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What kind of conure is this?

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:fairy2:Exciting...your patience is paying off...

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig
Thank you.

Thanks. Yes he is nippy. I had a female Dusky and she was extremely sweet. He is also louder than she was.
https://birdeden.com/complete-list-of-conure-species-with-pictures

Sounds like you are continuing to make progress with Mango. I am so glad for both of you that things are working out and you are starting to bond.
Than you! Yes, I am making VERY slow progress. There are times that I really wish I had adopted a tame bird so that I could experience the fun of having a companion bird. But, I try to remember that sad state that Mango was is when I adopted her. It’s also hard to realize that Mango May never become a tame bird. I really miss a bird on my shoulder!!!!! :(

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Than you! Yes, I am making VERY slow progress. There are times that I really wish I had adopted a tame bird so that I could experience the fun of having a companion bird. But, I try to remember that sad state that Mango was is when I adopted her. It’s also hard to realize that Mango May never become a tame bird. I really miss a bird on my shoulder!!!!! :(
I think she Will come to love you, you are making Some big steps lately! And think about how rewarding it Will be to see her happy in your company after your hard work:heart: Taming is about trust, and you are slowly building that:hug8:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Sounds like things are going well. Mango wants to be friends but she is a little shy and nervous.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You did a good thing.
Sometimes a tame bird will become nasty and nippy and then you have to start working to rebuild the trust and confidence again.

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig
You did a good thing.
Sometimes a tame bird will become nasty and nippy and then you have to start working to rebuild the trust and confidence again.
Tonight I got home from work, excited to see her, but she would not come out of her cave at all. She just wanted me to go away. Little stinker!!! :)

I just found out that they are going to be testing the fire alarms in my condo building on Thursday while I am work. They are LOUD. I hope they don't stress her too much. I am really getting tired of condo living. I think I am ready to sell and move into a house again.

Wendy Blanton

Sitting on the front steps
Awwww, the poor little girl. I am going to visit her every so often and see if maybe I can't win her over!
I think you should pick her up, especially if she is young you can probably train her.

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This thread has been so fun to follow! I'm really happy for you Craig!

RaeT

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rae
I'm so happy for you, that's awesome! :giveme5:

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig
Thanks everyone!!! So happy.

Now I am hoping that I don’t get home tonight to find her completely traumatized from the fire alarm testing that was done during the day today. Ugh.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Thanks everyone!!! So happy.

Now I am hoping that I don’t get home tonight to find her completely traumatized from the fire alarm testing that was done during the day today. Ugh.
Who knows? She might start chirping away like crazy! Scotty is afraid of everyday objects, but loves the most god-awful noises. :rolleyes: Go figure.

And if she was scared, she'll probably be relieved when you come home, whether she acts like it or not. Even if she's standoffish, she'll still enjoy your calming presence (and maybe another nutriberry.) ;)

Last edited:

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig
Who knows? She might start chirping away like crazy! Scotty is afraid of everyday objects, but loves the most god-awful noises. :rolleyes: Go figure.

And if she was scared, she'll probably be relieved when you come home, whether she acts like it or not. Even if she's standoffish, she'll still enjoy your calming presence (and maybe another nutriberry.) ;)
YES!!!! I like the way you think, @faislaq!!! Such an optimist.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
YES!!!! I like the way you think, @faislaq!!! Such an optimist.
I just hope she doesn't love it so much that she learns it and starts copying it! :rofl: The only upside to that is you'd know she wasn't afraid of it. Everything else would be all downside. :hilarious:

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig
I just hope she doesn't love it so much that she learns it and starts copying it! :rofl: The only upside to that is you'd know she wasn't afraid of it. Everything else would be all downside. :hilarious:
Haha.....yes, if Mango starts imitating the fire alarm, that would be bad. Very, very bad!!!!! Hahaha.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
MANGO JUST TOOK A NUTRI-BERRY FROM MY HAND INSIDE THE CAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
That's exciting and wonderful!!

Haha.....yes, if Mango starts imitating the fire alarm, that would be bad. Very, very bad!!!!! Hahaha.
It's always interesting when they imitate noises. I have a few who do the smoke alarm, one or two who do creaky door noises and one who does whooshing sounds. At least they don't imitate the dogs barking.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Those could be absolutely terrifying if they did them at the wrong (or right?) time! :eeeek:

The first time it happened scared me. I thought some unknown person was in the house.
I also thought the smoke alarm was going off initially but then I realized it was one of the birds. Then more of them started imitating it.