• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What do you think?

RipTweety

Walking the driveway
Real Name
iris
I figured you guys was probably wondering what I had decided :laugh: so after I cleaned up their 2 cages that I was going to put one of them in since they was still fighting with each other/she wanted baby's :facepalm: I sold the big ferret cage 4 days later for $125!! so that will cover most of their vet bill! For them to get their nails cut, leg bands removed, & checkups to make sure they're healthy :joyful: & I got them separated into temporary different cages until I find bigger ones that will work for them permanently :rolleyes: they are very talkative now but still very skiddish of us :unsure1: but it will just take time. I've given them 3 bath/shower's with the spray bottle just letting it mist down on them & Bella loves it! Leo doesn't know what to think :rofl: They have really grown on me & showed their personalities so I've decided I'm going to keep them :loveshower: their vet appointment is on Wednesday at 3pm so I'll let you guys know how it goes! (Since I can't go in with them because of covid :shifty:) I've gotten Leo to step up some out of the cage (since he can't fly very high because of him wings being clipped from petsmart) & Bella just flys around the room so I have to get her in a corner & turn off the lights so I can get her back in the cage :bash: but she has fun being out! when I had Leo out & on the floor she was flock calling for him so I got her out of the cage and put her on the floor with him & she didn't fly away she just chilled out on the floor with him :rolleyes: here's some pictures of them the last couple of weeks & here's the cages they are in for the time being. I'm going to give them more toys tomorrow after I clean them

Attachments

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They're so pretty! I'm glad they are so happy with you :)

rosemary

Strolling the yard
I figured you guys was probably wondering what I had decided :laugh: so after I cleaned up their 2 cages that I was going to put one of them in since they was still fighting with each other/she wanted baby's :facepalm: I sold the big ferret cage 4 days later for $125!! so that will cover most of their vet bill! For them to get their nails cut, leg bands removed, & checkups to make sure they're healthy :joyful: & I got them separated into temporary different cages until I find bigger ones that will work for them permanently :rolleyes: they are very talkative now but still very skiddish of us :unsure1: but it will just take time. I've given them 3 bath/shower's with the spray bottle just letting it mist down on them & Bella loves it! Leo doesn't know what to think :rofl: They have really grown on me & showed their personalities so I've decided I'm going to keep them :loveshower: their vet appointment is on Wednesday at 3pm so I'll let you guys know how it goes! (Since I can't go in with them because of covid :shifty:) I've gotten Leo to step up some out of the cage (since he can't fly very high because of him wings being clipped from petsmart) & Bella just flys around the room so I have to get her in a corner & turn off the lights so I can get her back in the cage :bash: but she has fun being out! when I had Leo out & on the floor she was flock calling for him so I got her out of the cage and put her on the floor with him & she didn't fly away she just chilled out on the floor with him :rolleyes: here's some pictures of them the last couple of weeks & here's the cages they are in for the time being. I'm going to give them more toys tomorrow after I clean them
Ohhh, I am so happy for them. They are so beautiful! This is the beginning of a great friendship!! :smileflower:

RipTweety

Walking the driveway
Real Name
iris
Ohhh, I am so happy for them. They are so beautiful! This is the beginning of a great friendship!! :smileflower:
They seem really happy here! :laugh:
they sure are beautiful. :budgie9::budgie2:
They just started molting & I definitely don't have ziploc bags with feathers from both of them :rolleyes::heart:

Also tonight I saw Bella on her favorite mirror (the one that they came with) & it looked like her was humping it o_O:facepalm: I shooed her away from it & she went back to do it again so I yelled at her :shrug2:
Tweety never did this so as you can tell I was very shocked.... :eek::cautious::wtf: is there something I can do to make her stop doing this behavior?

rosemary

Strolling the yard
They seem really happy here! :laugh:
they sure are beautiful. :budgie9::budgie2:
They just started molting & I definitely don't have ziploc bags with feathers from both of them :rolleyes::heart:

Also tonight I saw Bella on her favorite mirror (the one that they came with) & it looked like her was humping it o_O:facepalm: I shooed her away from it & she went back to do it again so I yelled at her :shrug2:
Tweety never did this so as you can tell I was very shocked.... :eek::cautious::wtf: is there something I can do to make her stop doing this behavior?
Oh wow! I am a first time budgie owner, I have limited experience and mine are not fully grown yet, hence why I did not have to deal with hormonal budgies yet.

Maybe more experienced people can help you with that :)

However I have heard that giving budgies mirrors is generally not a good idea (s/he won't get the reaction they are looking for etc...). So maybe start with removing the mirror, hopefully she is not attached too much to her reflection :xflove:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
If she wants to have a fun time with her toys, I would let her. As long as she´s not hurting her self on it, or laying lots of eggs.
It´s that or deal with a sexually frustrated hen. Maybe introduce a cotton perch or something for her.

RipTweety

Walking the driveway
Real Name
iris
Oh wow! I am a first time budgie owner, I have limited experience and mine are not fully grown yet, hence why I did not have to deal with hormonal budgies yet.

Maybe more experienced people can help you with that :)

However I have heard that giving budgies mirrors is generally not a good idea (s/he won't get the reaction they are looking for etc...). So maybe start with removing the mirror, hopefully she is not attached too much to her reflection :xflove:
I took away the mirror a couple days ago & found going at it with the cage bars :facepalm: I give up!

RipTweety

Walking the driveway
Real Name
iris
If she wants to have a fun time with her toys, I would let her. As long as she´s not hurting her self on it, or laying lots of eggs.
It´s that or deal with a sexually frustrated hen. Maybe introduce a cotton perch or something for her.
I had taken out the mirror a couple days ago & I found her going at it with the cage bars o_O so I'm probably going to put it back in. I thought rope perches/cotton perches was a big no no because they could chew on it & And ingest the fibers & get their nails caught on it?

RipTweety

Walking the driveway
Real Name
iris
Leo & Bella had their vet appointment yesterday & their checkups say they are healthy! They got their nails trimmed, & got their leg bands off so now their legs won't itch. I put them together in a cage just to take them there and back and then separated them again so they can't be fighting each other :rolleyes: it was going to cost me about $130/140 ish for everything & I think the emergency vet that I had to go to when we had to put Tweety down had called him & told him what happened & I literally still can't believe it he didn't charge us for the checkups :sad11: only for the nail trims so I only paid $26 :crycry: I'm seriously still in shock of how I still have about $100 left over to put into their vet fund!!
I figured you guys would want an update & I wanted to tell you guys about the amazing thing that happened :xflove:

Attachments

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Mirrors seem to have a bad rap here. I have had budgies in my life for more than 10 years and all of them enjoyed mirrors without any problems. I hope things work out for you and the budgies. Please always be alert for safety concerns.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Very kind of the vet to not charge you (only charge nails). How kind :)
I´m glad all went well at the checkup :loveshower:

I thought rope perches/cotton perches was a big no no because they could chew on it & And ingest the fibers & get their nails caught on it?
If they´re not chewing them, they´re not a problem.
Nails tend to only get caught on them if the threads come loose a little, so if you see that, replace them for new ones :)

US,
CA,

RipTweety

Walking the driveway
Real Name
iris
Mirrors seem to have a bad rap here. I have had budgies in my life for more than 10 years and all of them enjoyed mirrors without any problems. I hope things work out for you and the budgies. Please always be alert for safety concerns.
My girl Tweety had one for 6 & a half years & she loved running over to the mirror & say hi to the bird in the mirror & then she would come running over to me to cuddle with me outside of the cage :xflove::( I think I'll change around her toys so she doesn't feel comfortable doing that :o:
Thank you!! I'll definitely be alert of safety concerns!

RipTweety

Walking the driveway
Real Name
iris
Very kind of the vet to not charge you (only charge nails). How kind :)
I´m glad all went well at the checkup :loveshower:

If they´re not chewing them, they´re not a problem.
Nails tend to only get caught on them if the threads come loose a little, so if you see that, replace them for new ones :)

US,
CA,
I think I've seen those ropes at Petco. I'll have to get one when I go again!

RipTweety

Walking the driveway
Real Name
iris
Update on Bella & Leo :xflove:

Bella will now step up on my finger & sit there for a little bit but when I move any finger's or anything she freaks out... Leo is happily jumping on my hand whenever I put it close to him :xflove: I've only had them for just over 2 months now so I'm making some progress! :laugh: (the picture will Bella on my finger is just after giving them a bath so I had pulled almost everything out of their cages so I could clean it afterwards)

Attachments

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I want them too! But just cant any more.