• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What do I do :(

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I have switched my room around 5 times in the past month for him haha. Doesn't seem to matter where his cage is. >< I won't do a full clip if that is the case.
But have you also changed around the things inside his cage? :sneaky:

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
What's the lighting like in your room? Is it very bright? Dim?

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I wonder if that might be part of the problem... I mean, it getting dimmer so early, thus increasing the dark places. It may be beneficial to him to get some artificial lighting to make up for the dimness of the room.

I'm suggesting this, as Tomi Girl came to me from a dimly lit home. They had blankets or sheets covering the windows and kept most of the house dark, unless they had a light on. Even with the light, the quality of the light wasn't that great. On top of that, they ended up covering her up 24/7 because she was "too noisy". While there, she became a chronic egg layer. I can safely say right now that I do not have any chronic egg layers! The house I used to live in had an east and south facing windows, and surprisingly got pretty good lighting throughout the day! House I'm in now, the birds room only has one window and it faces north, so lighting isn't as great as I would like it to be, and have been considering getting artificial lighting. Knock on wood though, no crazy egg laying!

So my thought process is, if it's too dim, perhaps increasing the quality of the light that he gets during the day may help to kick him out of it.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Yupppppp. lol
I know I'm reaching but try adding a new toy? I'm trying to think of what else might "disrupt" without totally freaking him out. You've moved the cage around, relocated toys & bowls inside the cage, from the last post you're looking @ maybe changing the lighting. Finding him another friend isn't guaranteed to help or even work and if I read some of your posts correctly you already have Leela. I honestly don't know what else to suggest. I have multiple birds but the only one who ever actually flew @ me to bite was Tikki and he hasn't done it since that first time.

Alex92

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Alex
I wonder if that might be part of the problem... I mean, it getting dimmer so early, thus increasing the dark places. It may be beneficial to him to get some artificial lighting to make up for the dimness of the room.

I'm suggesting this, as Tomi Girl came to me from a dimly lit home. They had blankets or sheets covering the windows and kept most of the house dark, unless they had a light on. Even with the light, the quality of the light wasn't that great. On top of that, they ended up covering her up 24/7 because she was "too noisy". While there, she became a chronic egg layer. I can safely say right now that I do not have any chronic egg layers! The house I used to live in had an east and south facing windows, and surprisingly got pretty good lighting throughout the day! House I'm in now, the birds room only has one window and it faces north, so lighting isn't as great as I would like it to be, and have been considering getting artificial lighting. Knock on wood though, no crazy egg laying!

So my thought process is, if it's too dim, perhaps increasing the quality of the light that he gets during the day may help to kick him out of it.
Maybe, I have on my windows covered a little bit right now to get him out of guarding it. Sadly I only have two windows in my room, and he wants to guard the biggest one. I'll try it out.

Alex92

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Alex
I know I'm reaching but try adding a new toy? I'm trying to think of what else might "disrupt" without totally freaking him out. You've moved the cage around, relocated toys & bowls inside the cage, from the last post you're looking @ maybe changing the lighting. Finding him another friend isn't guaranteed to help or even work and if I read some of your posts correctly you already have Leela. I honestly don't know what else to suggest. I have multiple birds but the only one who ever actually flew @ me to bite was Tikki and he hasn't done it since that first time.
Yeah he was cage bound for almost 9 years, so he is pretty territorial towards her. He honestly doesn't have any interest in her, so adding another bird to the mix would cause problems. My mom would also kill me haha