• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What are your reccomended Oil based heaters?

Mason and Kiwi

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Hello everyone! I finally moved to Washington with Kiwi. We are planning on doing an entire room for her with platforms, ropes, toys hanging, basically her own playroom. However the room we are re-doing obviously gets chilly.

The safest heaters are the oil based radiator heaters, but I'd like one thats programmable so it can either keep a constant room temperature or turn off and on again when it hits the temperature. Oil based heaters can sometimes still get too hot to the touch if they're cheaply made and I'd like one to not burn her if she accidentally lands on it. Having lived in Florida, we never used a heater so I'm not sure how she will react to it.

Could you guys drop links to your recommended parrot-safe oil heaters or the brands? Thanks!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I have been using the same one for many years. Most of them are very efficient and safe. Look at what is on Amazon and you can read all the details. That is where I got mine. Most do have a thermostat. The unit also has a remote. It says Homeleader on front. Runs 750 - 1500 watts. Mind you mine is about 10 years old. I use it every winter without fail.

This is a good brand too. https://www.amazon.com/DeLonghi-TRD...&sprefix=homeleader+oil+heater,aps,81&sr=8-10

Last edited: