• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures What are your birds eating today?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
That looks delicious. Is it a cooked food?
Yeah it's a mix of grains and dried fruits, etc that you warm up with hot water or in the microwave :) A favorite here!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I have been giving the finely chopped chop the last few days, but because I put beet root in, it all turned pink and didn't look photo worthy :lol:

Today is more of the chunky chop, and some soaked and sprouted seeds. I have a new sprout mix on the way as Ripley actually seems interested in these for once!

PXL_20230325_125134782.jpg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
View attachment 425660 This is Ope's favorite way to eat - now that I have a little time back in my days I'm hoping to do a lot more foraging choices for their daily foods.
That's super cool! What are you using to hold the food?

Parutti

Jogging around the block
Avenue Spotlight Award
Here's their dinner - they're used to roudybush crumbles but I'm adding the bigger ones and if they like them I can use them in foraging toys

PXL_20230325_230632547.MP.jpg

Opie also gets Harrisons but for now Cotton doesn't since I'm trying to see if peanuts are an issue for him. If not I'll try the Hagen pellet with no corn/soy. Just ruling out food sensitivities with his plucking even though it's not very likely.

PXL_20230325_230726583.jpg

My no-waste solution - Maynard gets anything the birds don't eat, slightly steamed. Anything she doesn't eat the outdoor wildlife gets along with pellet crumbs and uneaten seeds from my visiting cockatiel :)

I've definitely reused some of the birds' uneaten veggies for myself too when there aren't seeds/pellet crumbs mixed in, just mixed in with my dinner :burp1:

PXL_20230325_231621951.jpg

Last edited:

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Here's their dinner - they're used to roudybush crumbles but I'm adding the bigger ones and if they like them I can use them in foraging toys

View attachment 425682

Opie also gets Harrisons but for now Cotton doesn't since I'm trying to see if peanuts are an issue for him. If not I'll try the Hagen pellet with no corn/soy. Just ruling out food sensitivities with his plucking even though it's not very likely.

View attachment 425683

My no-waste solution - Maynard gets anything the birds don't eat, slightly steamed. Anything she doesn't eat the outdoor wildlife gets along with pellet crumbs and uneaten seeds from my visiting cockatiel :)

I've definitely reused some of the birds' uneaten veggies for myself too when there aren't seeds/pellet crumbs mixed in, just mixed in with my dinner.

View attachment 425684
Those are creative ways to stop waste! I just keep chickens and goats :roflmao:

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Nauti's breakfast :bliss:
Not very magnificent, but considering I haven't done veggies for a couple days it's adequate. Q and Budgies got the same in chop form minus the fruit.
Includes carrot (+ greens), broccoli, zucchini, and dill. Grapes and mango for fruit!
20230326_104445.jpg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Nauti's breakfast :bliss:
Not very magnificent, but considering I haven't done veggies for a couple days it's adequate. Q and Budgies got the same in chop form minus the fruit.
Includes carrot (+ greens), broccoli, zucchini, and dill. Grapes and mango for fruit!
View attachment 425687
Doesn't need to be magnificent to be great :) Looks good to me!

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
Stressed and not having access to the fridge at the restaurant this week so I bought a “kale slaw” mix with red and green cabbage, shaved kale, broccoli and cauli stems, shaved Brussels. It’s making my life easier since I don’t have to break down a bunch of veggies for my tortoise. I just chopped it up more for the birds, added more broccoli florets, zucchini, carrots, red endive, pepper seeds. This will be the base for the next week, but tomorrow I will bake sweet potato and cook brown rice. Sometimes being lazy pays off! 0390DA57-26E6-4624-B937-031904C5BE79.jpeg

VanSwss

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sara
I didn't take a picture - but it was chop day Saturday. Ugh..my back HATES chop day and I really need to by a bigger food processor! My mix was broccoli, kale, green beans, red/yellow bell pepper, carrots, zucchini, brussel sprouts, spinach, rolled oats, lentils, brown rice and some flax and almonds. Had bought peas, but forgot to put them in!