• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Wet hyacinths..4 of them !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

M.C Bird Rescue

They are gorgeous tanya. Just beautiful...but I have to say I may be partial to elliot and your RB2.
I loved loved loved Elliot!!!! And your RB2 was so darn cute...I wanted to shove him in my pocket and leave. hehehehehe ADORABLE!

mariec

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Marie
Oh my God they are sooo cute. Those are my dream birds there! LOVE the bird play area!

Birdsforlife

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Karen
I have always loved them and my bf just saw that and said "that means we can have 4 right?" Lol. Someday I hope. Your fabies are georgous!

Alex

Take a stroll down the Avenue!
I think my absolute favorite bird is a wet hy. :lol:

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Isn't it amazing how they turn green when you bathe them? Your birds are beautiful! Are they all the same gender?

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
As everyone has said they are quite beautiful. Such nice birds and it is always fun to share in others birds. That "play room" is the best.

Peggy

Mystics Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
Isn't it amazing how they turn green when you bathe them? Your birds are beautiful! Are they all the same gender?
no there are 2males 2females:heart::heart::heart::heart:

Mystics Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
As everyone has said they are quite beautiful. Such nice birds and it is always fun to share in others birds. That "play room" is the best.

Peggy
Thats my living room:rofl:

toos&macaws

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Mercedez..none of mine are big wood chewers like my other Macaws..they love LUCITE toys leather,plastic toys,anything to tear up to get things out of,barretts,pony tail holders buttons zippers(anything on you they can get to:lol:.....they do chew up wood just not that much compared to the others
My little girl's favorite thing to chew on is a terry cloth rag. She will not chew on wood. Occasionally she will chew on plastic, hard or soft, and loves to shred paper. One of her things is to take a bottle cap with a mac nut in the shell and wrap the bottle cap around the nut and then cut the bottle cap like a pizza??!! Weird, but at least she is gentle enough with it that it doesn't do any damage to her beak.:rolleyes:

Zelle

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Zelle
I love wet Hyacinths, I love dry Hyacinths, blue or green, old or young I just love Hyacinths!

Big Blues

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ya gotta love wet Hys!!:)

Foster Parront

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dana
I would love to see a hyacinth in person. They look so amazing, anyone in MN have one and wanna invite me over?

Mystics Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
How does that work when hormones start raging?
They dont have the same Hormonal level the other macaws do, but we handle them every day...sometimes they are a little hormonal..but has been very easy to work around...i think they are ALOT differerent than other Macaws....we do not treat them as breeding pairs and they all spend seperate time with us...they REALLY LOVE people and beg for our attention...hope this answers your question...:)

pga7602

Jogging around the block
O O O O O i have questions too!!! :D how loud are they compared to B/G macaws or Toos?

Mystics Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
O O O O O i have questions too!!! :D how loud are they compared to B/G macaws or Toos?
they can be VERY VERY loud when they are upset(cant hear myself talk above it)but there is usually a reason for it

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Hys really are amazing birds, but can it really be that I am the only one who thinks they're also kind of goofy? Or am I just missing that survival gene that is intimidated by the large size and beaks? That said, I'd love to make a trip over to your place and visit for a while! Wow!

Mystics Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
They dont have the same Hormonal level the other macaws do, but we handle them every day...sometimes they are a little hormonal..but has been very easy to work around...i think they are ALOT differerent than other Macaws....we do not treat them as breeding pairs and they all spend seperate time with us...they REALLY LOVE people and beg for our attention...hope this answers your question...:)
After answering this question and walking away from puter i decided to come back and answer better...i am not fooled at all that parrots can be hormonal especially male male and female together..i have always shaped behaviors i wanted from these guys...with exception of Mya..i know the most coveted food items and i use this when i need to to get the behavior i need..They are easy to work with but i try not to get caught up in what they are thinking..if im not getting the behavior i need i change the anticedent or con...to get that behavior Mya just wants a snuggle from me very seldom anything else...(for ex..TICO and CHA in cage go to get them out can already see TICO is being very bossy to CHA and wont let her to front of cage so i focus on TICO..he loves Paper towel rolls...show him the roll play with him with it show him his fav treat put it inside tube when he comes to front of cage i open door offer arm he steps up i give him tube we come in to play stand he is tearing up toy to get to treat go out have CHAS fav treat she is ready to come out gets treat eats it on way in then she gets a head scritch put her on stand with TICO,after on stand they are usually great but i always read body language and work with it

Status
Not open for further replies.