• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Well have my eye on a possible CAG!! Yeay!

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
He looks and sounds perfect! So happy for you and your wife!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I don't know what happened here.... Was supposed to pick up the grey Saturday morning. Get there and nobody home and no one answering phone. Tried calling all weekend to find out what the heck.
I gave up... The guy has been jerking me around long enough. Then that too a few weeks back went south when I began asking questions... Highly suspect bird was not here to sell.
But good news.... An Amazon, DYH, is coming home from chelsea's tomorrow. A rescue from Kim's. Yeay. I'm so looking forward to another amazon!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Maybe you were just meant to have that Zon.

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I wondered what had happened to you guys getting the cag. Now I know...guy probably just could not face it and was easier not to answer than face you. May have been worried he would get talked into it before he was really ready. I think this is way better. You know where the bird is coming from so may be better all around, and Pierre also needed a loving home. So happy for you and your flock!!

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Or another possibility... the CAG went to someone else... had that happen with the dog I have. Found him December of 2018, right before Christmas. Did not want to take him from a family *BEFORE* Christmas. Set up a date to get him after Christmas. Didn't hear a word. Contacted them day of a few times and nothing. Tried again the following day and finally received a response.... he went home to another family.

Three weeks later, he's back up and in need of a home! Pretty sure he ended up being flipped, although maybe not intentionally. I wasn't going to allow him to slip through my hands a second time. He's been with me for just over a year now and I don't regret the decision!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Or another possibility... the CAG went to someone else... had that happen with the dog I have. Found him December of 2018, right before Christmas. Did not want to take him from a family *BEFORE* Christmas. Set up a date to get him after Christmas. Didn't hear a word. Contacted them day of a few times and nothing. Tried again the following day and finally received a response.... he went home to another family.

Three weeks later, he's back up and in need of a home! Pretty sure he ended up being flipped, although maybe not intentionally. I wasn't going to allow him to slip through my hands a second time. He's been with me for just over a year now and I don't regret the decision!
I don't doubt that one bit....I had another cag lined up.
was posted online for a certain price. When I called, they said I could have bird that day for $ 150 more than they posted it for...said let me see what my wife schedule is and call you back to set up time... When I called back, the bird sold to another person for nearly $ 500 more than posting price. The seller didn't care where the bird went... It was a bidding war to best price they could get....
God...!! Really!?!? Poor bird. And this crap happens all the time. So glad you got that dog.... Didn't deserve to be used as a flipping device.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
That sucks about the greys!

In my dogs case... I do believe that the couple that got him genuinely wanted him... they had a husky before, along with their golden retriever. I don't know what happened to the other husky, I never asked.... and I'm guessing that he didn't exactly get along with their other dog. He gets along with *most* dogs, but there is that one or two dogs in a group that he just doesn't like... and I haven't figured out a common thing other than it's been mostly huskies (or mixes) or golden retrievers. It is not breed specific though, as he gets along with the majority of huskies he meets and several golden retrievers, including a friend's golden. The couple also said he was food aggressive.

Perhaps the couple were at least being smarter than the person they got him from? I don't know. That first person after all only seemed to care about getting rid of him ASAP rather than making sure no one would flip him and had the money to care for him.

Sometimes though, it takes time finding the right one.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm sorry Michael, I knew you were really looking forward to the Grey. Maybe you were just meant to get another Zon, can't wait to see pics.