• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Well have my eye on a possible CAG!! Yeay!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Couple of Cags popped up for rejoining around my area.
Guy finally got back to me. Been trying to get in contact with him for a few days. Nice looking grey, named "worf" ...lol.
wanted my wife to have a look, but when we went over
He just got back from vet with dog...And wouldn't let us in
but informed us his dog broke its rear leg in 3 places, and has a few pins in place.
Dog has to be kept calm and not get all excited. Sooo,
I understood that. He contact me in a week after his dog has had a chance to heal. The bird is 15, he just went through divorce and has no time for bird, so much pressure.
I could sense he wasn't thrilled about having to give up bird.
Gotta be hard.
Another grey not far from me is a baby cag....Doc Martin...lol...my wife and I got a laugh about that as it's my wife's favorite show...... Not sure though why she sudden wants to get rid of it, hasn't had it long at all. But leaning towards WORF.....

TikkiTembo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chelsea
Great names :lol: Doc Martin is a favorite over here too, especially the earlier stuff. Keep us updated!!

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Great names :lol: Doc Martin is a favorite over here too, especially the earlier stuff. Keep us updated!!
LOL....I know, Doc Martin...That's funny! Now Worf,,, oh boy, Grey grey already goes around
house saying woof woof....Worf is quite a sweety...have to wait as guys dog has its leg all pinned up
in a lot of pins....gets excited when people are around...so, giving it a week, two at most.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Did he say how the dog broke his leg? Understandable though to want the dog to not have visitors & guess there is no warm place to bring the bird out to show you like a garage as you live in the frozen slip tundra...

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Lol...as long as he doesn’t have the personality of doc Martin, should be a winner! How they can get any filming done with that character is beyond me, i would be in stitches or wanting to slap him silly!! :faint: :laughing7:
congrats on getting a new baby soon! Also Worf from Star Trek also had a sour personality so either one you go with should be fun for us to watch! :heart:

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Did he say how the dog broke his leg? Understandable though to want the dog to not have visitors & guess there is no warm place to bring the bird out to show you like a garage as you live in the frozen slip tundra...
Well it's frozen tundra in some places as we had an ice storm last week end....couple days with wind chills barely in teens.
The dog apparently jumped into snow/ice bank leg got stuck, body kept moving. Broke the leg in three places.
Has a rod running thru leg and pins here and there....
Gives me the tingles just seeing that!!! Can't be moved
So dog is not to get excited and walk around.
It's ok, but is just a few minutes away. In his 50's. Had bird most his life. So it's a very hard decision. Wife took house in divorce, but doesn't want it. So had to sell it. Can't take bird with. Sad....!! That's hard and can tell it's hard decision for him.
But I said I can wait till he's ready.... And dog is healed...
Poor guy has a lot on his plate right now. So I'm not bugging him....he has my number.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Lol...as long as he doesn’t have the personality of doc Martin, should be a winner! How they can get any filming done with that character is beyond me, i would be in stitches or wanting to slap him silly!! :faint: :laughing7:
congrats on getting a new baby soon! Also Worf from Star Trek also had a sour personality so either one you go with should be fun for us to watch! :heart:
My wife and I actually met him, Martin clunes...as my wife's sister lives in Cornwall where the show is filmed.
Martin is actually quite the animal lover. Half his income goes to protecting animals. He has quite a few documentaries on animals. Mostly dogs. He sponsors dog shows in England too.
He really not anything like the character you see In doc martin, in person.
As for Worf, that bird is lovely, but I'm not keen on the name....sigh...might have to change it...then maybe not...it's his name after all.
How ever when I got poppers, her name was sergeant pepper..... She herself called herself poppers, and we went with that.... As I didn't like sergeant pepper.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
OK, as lon as the dog did not get a big kick & stomp when he was mad but I guess then that sort of person would not foot the bill for pin surgery. Guy is down on his luck & life does take detours. I think he will be happy to know his cag will be taken care of & loved!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well, I hope you find a feathery friend soon! :hug8:

I was going to say crummy weather where Michael is @. I keep getting the tail end of the storms before they hit the Ocean. With our unseasonably warm weather it has been melting pretty quick @ my house. My Sister is in another area in WNY. She sent me a pic & it looks like she's been keeping the snowpiles! She gets the lake effect storms I don't get & visa versa. So all winter @ least one of us is buried under a few feet of snow.

I got this penguin snow mold off Amazon for the Xmas in 2018. I got a txt from her & this is what it said....

"There is an army of penguin protecting my house!"

Here's the pic.

20200119_164735.jpg

The whole railing across the front of the porch was covered w/ them. They had a nice detail when you got a good packing snow from the looks of them.

Michael, keep us updated on the "Grey" adventures!!!

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Yay! Make sure to post TONS of photos!
After another lengthy talk with the guy, he decided I'm the best fit for his bird. It's very hard for him, but under the circumstances he has no choice to rehome him. Beautiful condition and we'll cared for. So yea, he's finding it hard.
But in a weeks time he'll be home here! Told everyone else the bird is no longer available. And... Drum roll please....it is Worf!!!

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
so this is the bird at the home where the dog had broken leg?
anyway ....... CONGRATULATIONS!

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I can only imagine how heartbreaking this must be for him having to give up his beloved bird through no fault of his own. But his having peace-of-mind that he'll be loved and cherished forever by you should help heal his broken heart.
Worf is beautiful. His feathers sparkle! Was he doing the mating dance for you, or was this taken by his owner.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I can only imagine how heartbreaking this must be for him having to give up his beloved bird through no fault of his own. But his having peace-of-mind that he'll be loved and cherished forever by you should help heal his broken heart.
Worf is beautiful. His feathers sparkle! Was he doing the mating dance for you, or was this taken by his owner.
Well the good thing is he's only 12 minutes away, and yea, I can imagine it's quite hard to have to give up your bird. The photo was taken by the owner and sent to me as I didn't have my phone with. Yes Worf is a nice bird. Beautiful plumage. Well cared for.
He goes to same avian vet I do , Dr. Buck, and dog goes to same vet I take our dog to Dr. Larsen. He did the surgery on his dog. You couldn't wish for a better person to do surgery on your dog. Mating dance?? Lol....looks like it!!