• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Welcome Home Jade!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Jade woke you up at 10??? Lucky! Corky demands attention at 7 am, and keeps screaming if I don't give it to him! Corky! You should learn from Jade!
My caiques do the same! Bee is going to have to go to bed earlier!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Jade has discovered nutriberries! Also she seems to like the yellow and green zupreem pellets best.
I think there are several greenies that pick certain colors.... though I think they all taste the same. @tka I think ( I might be remembering wrong who the best pellet taster is on the Avenue) has tried all the pellets for taste... Tops being the nastiest taste ( for a human anyway- lol ). You might eat one of each to see if they do indeed have a different flavor... they're all natural .... let us know the results! :D

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Jade explored outside the cage! She even did a bit of trying to fly (the store gave her a partial clip at some point)! She's able to flutter down to the ground so she doesn't get hurt. What a brave baby! I'm so proud!

20200517_160425.jpg 20200517_160724.jpg
20200517_160736.jpg 20200517_160806.jpg

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Jade has discovered nutriberries! Also she seems to like the yellow and green zupreem pellets best.
Kiwi and Blizzard would have no trouble sharing with her :lol:

Their favorites are red and orange.

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think there are several greenies that pick certain colors.... though I think they all taste the same. @tka I think ( I might be remembering wrong who the best pellet taster is on the Avenue) has tried all the pellets for taste... Tops being the nastiest taste ( for a human anyway- lol ). You might eat one of each to see if they do indeed have a different flavor... they're all natural .... let us know the results! :D
I'm delighted that I am the Avenue's best/most committed pellet taster! :laughing2: I haven't tried Zupreem because I don't feed it to Leia, but I have tried coloured P15 and I can confirm that those taste the same regardless of colour. Most pellets I've tried are fairly bland with a mild cereal taste. They're not exciting but they're not especially weird or off-putting to human tastebuds. Definitely wouldn't recommend TOPS for humans though, unless you like spicy grass.

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
I'm delighted that I am the Avenue's best/most committed pellet taster! :laughing2: I haven't tried Zupreem because I don't feed it to Leia, but I have tried coloured P15 and I can confirm that those taste the same regardless of colour. Most pellets I've tried are fairly bland with a mild cereal taste. They're not exciting but they're not especially weird or off-putting to human tastebuds. Definitely wouldn't recommend TOPS for humans though, unless you like spicy grass.
I think it's great you test things too! I taste everything I offer to my goats too. It's important to me that nothing is hiding in the molasses blends and that the hay was made well. I was surprised by tops spice! I was expecting a typical alfalfa pellet, and delighted that they're not!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
AHA!!! I knew it was you!!!! I think this deserves a new banner - Official pellet connoisseur

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Weirdly, Hari Tropican smells really strongly (and rather offputtingly, in my opinion) of artifical bubblegum when you open the packet but doesn't taste of it. Tastes like a mild rice cereal - maybe a slight hint of a generic fruity flavour, but no bubblegum. I think the scent is there to entice humans more than it's there for our birds.

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I think the scent is there to entice humans more than it's there for our birds.
I can imagine the people in a meeting:

1: So, how are we going to get people to buy this?

2: Fun colors?

3: I know! We could make the bag smell good!

1: ???

3: Make the bag smell like bubblegum so that people are attracted, but make the pellets almost flavorless!

1: That’s a great idea! Let’s do it!

And that is the tale of the bubblegum bag....

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Weirdly, Hari Tropican smells really strongly (and rather offputtingly, in my opinion) of artifical bubblegum when you open the packet but doesn't taste of it. Tastes like a mild rice cereal - maybe a slight hint of a generic fruity flavour, but no bubblegum. I think the scent is there to entice humans more than it's there for our birds.
That's how I feel about the multicolored pellets.. more of a marketing enticement for humans thinking they have all the flavors. Would be fun to visit a factory where they're made!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I offered some more things from my fingers- bits of that Goldenfeast Central America blend. Jade took them gladly!
Love it! Try putting some in the palm of your hand and see if she'll climb on to eat.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I can imagine the people in a meeting:

1: So, how are we going to get people to buy this?

2: Fun colors?

3: I know! We could make the bag smell good!

1: ???

3: Make the bag smell like bubblegum so that people are attracted, but make the pellets almost flavorless!

1: That’s a great idea! Let’s do it!

And that is the tale of the bubblegum bag....
:lol: I laugh... but this is likely true.

Love the smell when I open the bag, there is a hint of sweet flavour, but overall there´s not much to them. At least they´re edible so I can snack on them with Gisli :)