• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vomiting or regurgitation?

babypepper

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Emery
Hello everyone, this is the fifth day having my budgie pepper. I got him some pet store food and I started weaning him off it today to a healthier seed. He was on a perch when he started bopping his head up and down, and I could hear seeds clattering to the bottom of the cage. He’s a young budgie, im not sure how old but he’s small and has a light cere. I want some tips on how to tell if he was regurgitating or vomiting. He is at the bottom of the cage now, but he was eating and drinking water.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Can you see what he dropped or could you just hear it? If you can see it then please share a pic of what you see.

Regurgitating is usually very controlled and vomiting is not- they tend to kind of deposit regurgitation on things but they seem to shake vomit out so it often ends up on their faces and all the walls around them.

babypepper

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Emery
Okay, it was controlled I’d say but I’m not sure. Here’s a photo:

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Keep an eye out for this happening again but in the mean time you can search google for footage of budgies regurgitating and vomiting to get an idea of what your bird is doing. It is good to know the difference.
It is great how much stuff you are noticing and asking about your new bird, many people do not pick up so many little different behaviours or struggles their birds are having so they miss important changes in health often and it really does pay to be very observant of pet birds as they are much tricker to pick up on when they are unwell than dogs or cats.