• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Update on the Heaven sent Budgies

Serin

Sprinting down the street
I love them, so beautiful. Isn't it great when something like this just falls into your lap?

an idea for toys: one of my girl, Summer's, favorite toys are Chinese finger traps. I order them on Ebay by the 75 pack and hang them all over the cage. She just loves to shred these, they are made of thin wicker and really keep her busy. Millet pieces can even be slipped inside as a foraging treat. And way cheaper than pet store toys!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I love them, so beautiful. Isn't it great when something like this just falls into your lap?

an idea for toys: one of my girl, Summer's, favorite toys are Chinese finger traps. I order them on Ebay by the 75 pack and hang them all over the cage. She just loves to shred these, they are made of thin wicker and really keep her busy. Millet pieces can even be slipped inside as a foraging treat. And way cheaper than pet store toys!
I do have those in my store! Thanks for the great idea!

Yes, foraging and shredding they are lol :D

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Sometimes I cut the finger traps in half and put a teat inside.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Congrats on the new babies! My Chirp loves fingertraps too. He also likes seagrass, bells, 2mm plastic chain, and food! He LOVES foraging.

CeciliaZ

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
My budgies love balsa, especially balsa cubes and mahogany pod slices.

@Love My Zons , I also have a foraging toy for them. And I know at least one of my budgies has figured it out - finally saw him using it! It is made by JW Pet, "Tip and Treat" A little egg-shaped container that they must tip to get the seed out. I would fill it and find it empty...I finally caught one tipping it. :) Maybe as a vendor...you could look into getting some. I bought mine from an online store that is no longer in business. I have seen them on Amazon - but way over-priced.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
My budgies love balsa, especially balsa cubes and mahogany pod slices.

@Love My Zons , I also have a foraging toy for them. And I know at least one of my budgies has figured it out - finally saw him using it! It is made by JW Pet, "Tip and Treat" A little egg-shaped container that they must tip to get the seed out. I would fill it and find it empty...I finally caught one tipping it. :) Maybe as a vendor...you could look into getting some. I bought mine from an online store that is no longer in business. I have seen them on Amazon - but way over-priced.
Great info! I will most certainly look into these, they sound great!

I am adding new things geared towards the littles. I got the cutest cuttle bone holder. Woll have cuttlebones, various kinds. Looking into tiny sweet beaks and feet perches and added Goldenfeast parakeet food blend.

Thank you @CeciliaZ for the continued info, I appreciate it so!!!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire

nu2birds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kurt
I think they are stunningly handsome! That blue and their striping is just so crisp and gorgeous. They are real "lookers". Congratulations!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Had to bump this. The budgies are doing very well in their new home and are very loved. They are out of their cage alot, most days all day when Steve is home from school. They eat well and of course they get all the things they need from me.

I MISS this little guys alot they are so pretty. I just try to not think about them, even though I do.

Darn. :arghh:

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
So happy they are thriving! Thank you for being their fairy godmother :fairy:

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
So glad they are loved and doing so well!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
So happy they are thriving! Thank you for being their fairy godmother :fairy:
I really miss them terribly! Just feeling bad, I guess guilty feeling giving up on them due to the rescue saying they couldn't be here adopting Sophie. Just sad about it still. :(

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
So glad they are loved and doing so well!
Yes, I asked his Dad about them, and he said Steve really loves them. He's so good with animals. He was literally crying tears at almost 15 years old after a baby bird he found before the budgies was killed by a Pomeranian his Dad's Girlfriend had. He nursed it back from being injured and then the dog got it. The Girlfriend is an Ex so no worries about the dog!

So in a way, the budgies really were the perfect thing for him. :)

Last edited: