• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures (Update #25) Sick :( Introducing......Lily & Emma

ArtBird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
Beautiful new babies...they are young and have a great chance of full recovery, I hope your flock remains healthy and happy.

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
I hope they are feeling better soon :hug8:

Bailey

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bailey
I wouldnt totally freak just yet. Sometimes the stress of moving homes can bring about secondary infections. You never know. Hopefully it is nothing serious! :hug8:

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh no no no!!! Get well lil' ones!!!

sodakat

Real Name
Kathy
Can your exotic vet draw blood so you can have them disease tested? I wonder if she mentioned polyomavirus because its not uncommon for budgies to carry that, more than their actual symptoms indicating the disease? I would not wait another 14 days before you have blood work done, because even if the bacteria clears up and they appear healthy, you really should get them disease tested also.

newatthistx

Real Name
Michele
Can your exotic vet draw blood so you can have them disease tested? I wonder if she mentioned polyomavirus because its not uncommon for budgies to carry that, more than their actual symptoms indicating the disease? I would not wait another 14 days before you have blood work done, because even if the bacteria clears up and they appear healthy, you really should get them disease tested also.
I think she mentioned it because its something budgies are associated with.....I'm not sure if she can or would draw blood, I'm sure she could, she does see a lot of birds other than mine, and has two tiels of her own....I think we just wanted to see how the bacterial infection cleared up first....

Sparky04

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kiersten
I hope your new fids recover soon. :hug8:

karen256

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I hope they feel better.
Also, I think that Lily, the slate one, is actually a boy, though it is always hard to tell from photos. Boys don't have the whitish color on their cere right around their nostrils like girls do (overall color of the cere doesn't mean anything when they are that young, just the edges of the nostrils).

newatthistx

Real Name
Michele
I hope they feel better.
Also, I think that Lily, the slate one, is actually a boy, though it is always hard to tell from photos. Boys don't have the whitish color on their cere right around their nostrils like girls do (overall color of the cere doesn't mean anything when they are that young, just the edges of the nostrils).

:faint: ......I was really hoping they were the same sex so I would not have to worry about them mating but knew we would have to wait a few months to be sure cause they are so young.....I guess alittle time will tell for sure....