• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures (Update #25) Sick :( Introducing......Lily & Emma

TalkinTimneh

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kathie
Congrats on your beautiful babies! I think that the last picture of them is sooooo adorable...be still my heart.

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
they are beautiful!!!! I am so jealous they already perch on your hand!! My little guys have never let me do that :(
Don't be. :) I totally know what you mean. There are many times I've wished my budgies were friendlier. :)

Instead think of all the other amazing things they do!!

Dani

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
BEAUTIFUL!! So sweet too! :xflove:

newatthistx

Real Name
Michele
Just an update on the new babies, Lily and Emma....well, they are settling in great and happily amuse each other for most of the day, but their vet appointment Friday confirmed my worst nightmare....I brought illness into my home and now I fear I have put all my babies at risk ( i took them to the vet cause Lily seemed alittle to sleepy throughtout the day and Thrusday night i noticed Emma was labored breathing after a playing session with Lily)....fecal smear and gram stain revealed that both Lily and Emma have bacterial infections and are on a 14 day course of antibiotics. They are in quarantine upstairs since the minute they entered the house with the rest of my flock downstairs but even with that and changing my clothes each time i come up to them i fear something may be lingering on me after i leave and change.....Im so sad and scared for all my babies i just want to consistly cry everytime i think about it and my vet (she is an exoctis vet, no avian vet here) just has me more has horrified at the mention of possible polynomavirus if the antibiotics don't help...right now it is just a wait and see if they help, but I'm getting really scared cause today was their second full day of treatment and they both are the same (lily sleepy and Emma did heavy breath this evening)...other then the symptoms I mentioned you would never know they are sick....their great eaters, they play all throughout the day, clean and preen each other, and poops are normal....

Sorry this was so long......I'm just scared and worried...please send some good healing thoughts their way if you could and pray the rest of my flock stays safe....

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear your new babies are found sick. I pray it's something easily cured, and does'n't effect your other birds at all.

VictoriaVague

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
:hug8: Sending all my positive thoughts your way

DWRVT

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Debbie
Praying for the full recovery of your new babies and the health of the rest of your flock. It sounds as if you have been doing a good job with your quarantine. Is it possible to take a group stool sample from the rest of your birds in for testing?

newatthistx

Real Name
Michele
T
OH no Michele :(
Sometimes when they are on meds, it doesn't work fast or they don't improve much, the drugs can make them sick too. So it is hard to judge, take a deep breath

Thank you Danita so much for the update....

newatthistx

Real Name
Michele
Is it possible to take a group stool sample from the rest of your birds in for testing?
Yes, I have done that in the past without any problems....I have been watching my flock like a hawk (which I do anyway cause I'm a bit obsessed with them :hehe: ) for anything out of the norm and am ready to bolt to the vets if need be with any one of my babies.....thank you all so much for your prayers

Last edited:

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Oh no! I'm so sorry your new babies are sick! I'll keep them, along with the rest of your flock, in my thoughts! :hug8:

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Keeping you and your flock in my thoughts :hug8:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :angel1: :angel1: :angel1: :angel1: :angel1: :hug8: :hug8: :hug8: :hug8: