• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ultrasonic ozone veggie cleaner

Joe Henderson

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Henderson
Is it safe ? Does anyone use something. Line the for birds veggies?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Thread moved for better visibility

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I thought ozone generators were bad. Not sure if the veggie cleaner is the same type of machine, but I found this in an article on ThatPetPlace.com:

"Ozone is an effective germicide and has a number of legitimate uses, including the treatment of waste water and exhaust gasses. However, both the Environmental Protection Agency and the American Lung Association caution against the indoor use of ozone-generating devices. In relatively small amounts, ozone has been shown to trigger asthma attacks and to reduce lung elasticity and the immune system’s ability to fight respiratory infections. Aviculturists have also linked individual and group bird deaths to ozone."

Way scarier than I'd expected. Depending on how much it puts out, I might not want it near me, let alone the birds. :shrug2:

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ozone is pretty heavy i have seen acrylic protein skimmers in reef tanks that have melted that have had ozone running through them it's extremely effective and also potentially very harmfull it's risk outweighs it's benefits imo.

Joe Henderson

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Henderson
The machine cleans using ultra sonic waves i think the ozone is a byproduct that. Happens in the water I’m not really sure.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The machine cleans using ultra sonic waves i think the ozone is a byproduct that. Happens in the water I’m not really sure.
Here is a link to some research done regarding exposure to ozone to summarise it states exposure to ozone for 2 hours of a adult male saw a reduction of there ventilatory capacity of 25%.

Ozone is classed as a Volotile Organic Compound VOC. this means it has the potential to damage health.

As i said in my previous post i think the risks outweigh the benefits for me.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
again your reffering to ozone in the air
Just answering your question are they safe.

No theyre not safe ( whilst ozone in water is harmless ) there is no gurantee the device wont leak.