• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

(UK) cuddly conure needing forever home

Cosy-chlo

Moving in
I think this might be a predominately American forum but I thought it worth a go.

This is a heart breaking situation because my 4 yr old sweet girl (not dna tested) has no behavioural problems, but I have developed a serious allergy and no measures have made it liveable for me. It’s taking a huge toll physically and mentally.

As do most parrots, fleur/meepy/Chiquita (I could go on) has a host nicknames! But I think she likes chicky and meepy best. She needs a forever home, ideally a house with other birds for ambient company but failing that someone who will be home with her for most of her day and perhaps multiple people living in the house for extra company. She’s very affectionate and needs a lot of love to stay happy. Meeps will spend hours cuddling and grooming us, she knows how to speak “hello chicken” , “love you” “bye bye birdie” etc. She rarely ever nips and she’s never bitten me (though I guess all parrots can if they feel that they need to!) Meeps really is the sweetest girl. She’s got no male/female preference and gets along well with all of my family.

I have more information which I will send to prospective parents.

We are based in the west midlands. I will need to do a home check, and I will need some updates because I have nightmares about her being unhappy - she’s a precious girl and deserves the very best.

F163703A-67BC-418E-B563-1F32BC8E62F9.jpeg 12B177EE-8B8D-4D27-B51C-33C79DAB68E4.jpeg 7825DE70-A6D7-4691-934E-B90DE45ECE5A.jpeg

2ACAB474-2E4B-45FE-9A37-AD96144A0877.jpeg

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She's absolutely gorgeous, I'm so very sorry that you're having to say goodbye. @Wardy Is she near you?

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
I am uk I would definitely have been interested but just took in my friends conure

she so gorgeous

@Wardy I also though of you :heart:

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
I am so sorry you have to rehome her she looks absolutely adorable

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
but I have developed a serious allergy and no measures have made it liveable for me. It’s taking a huge toll physically and mentally.
Has this been diagnosed by a Doctor? Sorry if that sounds like a stupid question, just checking it really is true and not just something your really think could be causing the allergic reactions.
If you haven´t had a Doctor tell you that 100% your bird is causing it, you could try fostering out your bird to a friend or family member for a few months and see if your health improves, then you will know?
She´s super cute and sounds lovely, I´m sorry you´re in this position.

Cosy-chlo

Moving in
Hi Zara, yes it’s diagnosed. I have another post with some details actually. I haven’t been able to breathe out my nose at all for about a year now, and I’ve been on steroids to no avail. It’s progressing into my lungs too, always got rashes too. I had a break when I went on holiday was that was proof for me. I’ve been in and out the doctors with this. I’ve got hepa filters etc. this is a last resort for me.

Molly

Moving in
Real Name
Molly Shiley
GCC are AMAZING, ours just passed away last November and I miss her terribly. I hope you find a good forever home for her. I would offer but we are in Omaha, NE.