• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Uh Oh...

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
Back on topic now after my previous posts :p

So I am a little worried............

I fear I may be falling in love with Eclectus parrots now too. The red and blues of the females are so beautiful and they are soooooo fluffy! I am really worried that if I bring Lala home to stay with me for a week or two that I may fall in love with the species. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing, but I have invested so much time and energy into caiques (which I also love), I feel this end up making an already tough decision even harder. Anyone want to comment on this conundrum or on Eclectus parrots in general?

Sorry, no, I don't want both... :)

I must be driving you guys crazy with all my posts haha... Sorry!

IMG_20170513_140106.jpg

Reactions: TWR

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I think when you find the right bird you will just know. :)

Rolanda

Rollerblading along the road
I Told Youuuuuuu! The way you talked about her in your first post was a Give Away!:xflove::heart:

nu2birds

Real Name
Kurt
See.......that's what happens when you start researching. You start out thinking you know what kind of bird you want, and you research the hell out it, and then after talking to so many others and visiting stores and breeders you discover your eyes have been opened and now you are interested in a different bird........or birds. But this is a good thing, because you are learning and you might just end up with a completely different bird. But that's OK, because you really didn't know much about birds when you started and now you know about lots of different birds. So now it's easier to make an informed decision on a bird and how it will fit into your lifestyle. It's always nice to pick a bird who has also picked you. Not always possible, but nice when it happens. Good luck.........can hardly wait to see what you end up with.

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
Sometimes the right bird will just fall into place with your life. I was never serious about birds until I met my IRN. I didn't even know what one was until I saw her. I knew I was going to take her home (who was supposed to be a he) when I saw her. I will admit I didn't spend years or months researching birds. When I knew I wanted her I researched them and brought her home with just an idea and very little parrot experience. She was by no means tame when I got her either. That was an interesting learning curve.
:blink:

The only bird that perhaps was a mistake bringing home was my cockatiel. Greys, cockatoos, and cockatiels are off my list of future birds. If I wasn't allergic to my cockatiel I'd never look at another bird species again, I think cockatiels are the perfect pet for me otherwise. I'm also aware that the only vet care she's ever gotten in her life is probably from me so I'm glad I was able to help her at the same time.

AvianCrew

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
michelle
I spent days researching on ringnecks.. then I ended up with a sun conure, which I love!

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
That's how multi parrot families are born! It's like a Lay's potato chip. You just can't stop with one!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
That's how multi parrot families are born! It's like a Lay's potato chip. You just can't stop with one!
That's the truth...look at our crazy group, for example...:)

Donna turner

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
I fell in love with a green cheek conure in the pet store and didn't know anything about them not posted at store. I bought her and got the biggest cage I could and then researched her needs. I absolutely am in love with my bird a year and a half later. Do what research you must but in the end go with you heart. A bird that already bonds with you puts you ahead of the game

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
Dont worry, I am still very VERY interested in caiques. I am leaving myself open though. I still have no idea what to expect when Lala comes home with me. My opinion could change several ways after that experience. Who knows... Afterwards I may decide I still want a caique, I may decide I want an eclectus, I may even decide I never want to keep a parrot again haha. May even have some other unanticipated effect. The next few weeks will be telling I think. Bird fair this weekend. Pooch sitting finished on the 6th so after that, Lala can safely come stay with me.