• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Two Nests

Fife3000

Strolling the yard
Nest #1 set up June 17 has two eggs.
Nest #2 set up today. Male and hen are both working on the nest making.
Nest #3 will be set up tomorrow.
May the good Lord bless me with healthy, fertile eggs!

Sparkles99

Rollerblading along the road
Wow! Are you breeding fife canaries exclusively or other kinds too?

Fife3000

Strolling the yard
I am hoping in the near future to take pictures of my birds individually. Something to look back on with pride.

Gigibirds

Rollerblading along the road
Yay! Congratulations! :cngrt5:

Chomskypom

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chom (pronouns they/them)
Those eggs and chicks must be so tiny :heart: hope all goes smoothly!

Fife3000

Strolling the yard
Aint that the truth. Once all the chicks are hatched and mom leaves the nest, I will take pics.

SummerWing

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Mara M.M
Congrats on your chicks and eggs!

Fife3000

Strolling the yard
I know, I know, pictures. Coming soon. But I checked the nest and all 5 eggs have hatched. It looks like they will become white chicks, like dad. Now I just hope they all survive this challenging time. Dad is diligently feeding mom. And mom is feeding and keeping a close eye on the babies. Even Dad has taken turns laying on the chicks. Hoping and praying for the best!

Fife3000

Strolling the yard
To my surprise there is a fifth chick in the nest. All the chicks bundled together made it hard to get an accurate count. Dad is a very determined parent. He is very persistent in feeding the hen. Even when she refuses his food, he tries until she accepts.

Fife3000

Strolling the yard
About 15 min ago I found all five chicks dead in the nest. Flat and one even has an opening near the belly. Might the parents have gotten aggressive and not truly ready to be parents. They fed, and protected them. Im really bummed out right now. Feel like this beautiful batch of white chicks could have been something special. But now I dont know what happened. Talk about feeling down! Embarrassed to say but I feel like crying.

Fife3000

Strolling the yard
A few days ago I decided to put up three nests. Happy to report each has eggs in it. I decided to keep my windows closed to keep heat and humidity down.
This should help prevent fast food spoilage. Although I am going to change it out sooner.